farewell HABITS

JustAnotherBody

at the pcm today they told us that HABITS are history..... whats up with that?
we got the first part of the new 6 part thing.. something about job perparedness...

why is HABITS gone and whats the new accronym?
is this going to make us safer and faster and better?

LKLND3380

at the pcm today they told us that HABITS are history..... whats up with that?
we got the first part of the new 6 part thing.. something about job perparedness...

why is HABITS gone and whats the new accronym?
is this going to make us safer and faster and better?

SWM Safe Work Methods (pronounced swim)
To many people had difficulty so they are making it easier

Griff

SWM Safe Work Methods (pronounced swim)
To many people had difficulty so they are making it easier

It's pretty sad there are people in this world that get paid to think of stuff like this. Honestly, do they really think these acronyms and safety jargon actually help? If so, it's a sick world out there...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They can call it whatever they want. Work too fast and be safe. I sometimes have trouble with that.:ohmy:

Buffy

Re: farewell HABITS, welcome back SWM

Sorry kids SWM is not new. HABITS replaced SWM in the mid '90's. UPS has gone back to Safe Work Methods, not come up with something new.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
all the wording on all the forms makes it seem impossible to get hurt,work safe and smart dont try the impossile,take a lunch everyday,keeps you in a better frame of mind,sh@###t happens and you still could get hurt,slow it down a bit and use common sense..:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

P

Paper Pusher

Does the name change mean that center management will have to create about 20 new binders full of 100 pieces of paper each? Great...now my operations manager can tell us all how embarrassed he is to have us work for him because one out of the 2000 pieces of papers is missing. It's a pretty sneaky strategy now that I think about it...keep us all inside filing paper and we can't go out on the road and get hurt.