Faster

Re-Raise

You should spend very little time in the back of the truck if possible. As you are walking back to the truck after a delivery look at the next few stops in the DIAD so that you know where they SHOULD be loaded and how many packages are for each stop.

If you are running over it is probably not from being lost. As long as the package car is moving you are adding miles which adds to your planned day.

What is killing you is taking too much time during the actual delivery. I hope this helps

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
What is the best way to follow your route and make good time as a new driver?I'm running over every day and being threatened and I've only had 4 days by myself.I feel like I'm running my ass off but this orion :censored2: is screwing also.Any advice would be appreciated. Thanx

Sent using BrownCafe App
Deliver using RDO aka Route Delivery Order not ODO aka Orion Delivery Order. Orion is a big waste of money that UPS is shoving down our throat. Following Orion takes so much longer to do a route and doesn't save jack for miles anyway. Switch to RDO and pound it out for 30 days and then you can chill out a little.

Sent using BrownCafe App

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
You should spend very little time in the back of the truck if possible. As you are walking back to the truck after a delivery look at the next few stops in the DIAD so that you know where they SHOULD be loaded and how many packages are for each stop.

If you are running over it is probably not from being lost. As long as the package car is moving you are adding miles which adds to your planned day.

What is killing you is taking too much time during the actual delivery. I hope this helps
Right...like I said screw ODO use RDO and bust it out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigE

Dude see that's been screwing me I will only use rdo for now on.Now because I'm doing all businesses the first half of day skipping all other stops does rdo reorder my house stops if I click it again.Or is it up to me to know what streets are in what little neighborhood s

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Driver

I drive.
  1. Get as much ground delivered with your air as you feel comfortable.
  2. Sometime after delivering all or most of your commercial stops, stop for a 15 to 45 minute break and set up your entire truck. What I do: open up the back door, set the really big and awkward packages outside along with your handcart. Get your personal stuff and your special counts/send agains/pickup packages out of the cargo area and into the cab, and start setting it up, stop for stop. What does this do for you? You'll spend dramatically less time looking for each stop when you resume delivering. Don't forget to actually sit down for a bit, eat a little something, and drink plenty of fluids. This will help clear your mind. At the end of your break, spend a few minutes studying your paper map and making a little game plan.
  3. If you end up waiting more than a few minutes at a pickup stop, code out that time as part of your hour lunch (or 50 minutes or whatever up to the max). This will shave some time off too.
  4. Don't get overly frustrated. Do not get overly frustrated. If you do, you might end up paying for it with an accident or an injury because you'll lose your focus. Pass up a stop? Forget about it, drive back around to it or find a safe place to back up and go back to it.
In time, you'll learn the route. I made book last week and by no means an expert. But this job is what you make it. Plan what you can in the morning before leaving and remember to breathe.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The numbers aren't real and their not designed to work in the drivers favor. You've probably already figured this out already. They almost make it impossible for the new guys to qualify.

upsgrunt

Smooth is fast, but if you go too fast you make mistakes and you are not smooth, or fast.
Always be moving forward- if you catch yourself standing at a delivery point doing nothing, you are losing time. Know what you are going to do with a residential delivery before you get to the house. Time spent behind the bulkhead door is wasted.

S

selfcancelsignal

Smooth is fast, but if you go too fast you make mistakes and you are not smooth, or fast.
Always be moving forward- if you catch yourself standing at a delivery point doing nothing, you are losing time. Know what you are going to do with a residential delivery before you get to the house. Time spent behind the bulkhead door is wasted.
So is time w/ :censored2: nitpicky customers that tell you to move something clear across a room after you've already set it down, & when you're brand new, you really don't know any better.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

We have a new driver that refuses to look at a map. Management would be smart to not work him past day 29.

We have a new driver that refuses to look at a map. Management would be smart to not work him past day 29.
This is the problem I have at my center. You got too many people setting you up for failure. In this conversation and in that instead of stepping up and help people with advice.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
This is the problem I have at my center. You got too many people setting you up for failure. In this conversation and in that instead of stepping up and help people with advice.

Don't worry about others setting you up. Set yourself up to succeed. Learn the area. Take a moment and sort the next section. Don't waste a lot of time looking for a missing package. Be organized. Develop a routine. You will do fine. Remember only you will succeed.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
Dude see that's been screwing me I will only use rdo for now on.Now because I'm doing all businesses the first half of day skipping all other stops does rdo reorder my house stops if I click it again.Or is it up to me to know what streets are in what little neighborhood s

Sent using BrownCafe App
RDO does not update, ODO does not update, however if your trying to run scratch or better, follow RDO. Set up your shelves by pal and just deliver em. You will be surprised how much more you can get done.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The job is hard no doubt, I think we can all agree on that but its really not that hard if you got commonsense and are willing to put a little extra work and commonsense into it. Some drivers crack me up, they make the job way harder than what it really needs to be by not putting the time and commonsense into it. Learn to Einstein the job like you would Einstein a hobby or something else you do in life outside of work.

The job is hard no doubt, I think we can all agree on that but its really not that hard if you got commonsense and are willing to put a little extra work and commonsense into it. Some drivers crack me up, they make the job way harder than what it really needs to be by not putting the time and commonsense into it. Learn to Einstein the job like you would Einstein a hobby or something else you do in life outside of work.
E=mc2