Fat Albert in the Corporate Office

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I've known "brick" for over 25 years. We have worked together many times over that period and he has always treated me great. I have never seen him treat others poorly. I have seen many great things he has done for UPS.

Spreading rumors and making fun of someone you don't know does not seem very honorable to me.
man,, you just crap rainbows dont you,, when your done with them i really want those rose colored glasses you own

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No... I have never worked for him, and yes its possible that he does this and I have never seen it....

However, I have posted what I have personally witnessed.....

Not the case for others here.

man,, you just crap rainbows dont you,, when your done with them i really want those rose colored glasses you own

Pman may tend to see the good in people and believe in things that people are trying to do. To me, that is a good thing.
I think if I had to choose a person I had to work with or play golf with or just sit around and drink beer, I would choose Pman, because he is a positive person, over most of the whiners and bitchers on here.
There are certain people I work with that I just stay away from because they are negative and always see the worst in any situation and the worst possible outcome as the inevitable end result.
In my personal life, I stay away from these negative whiners and let them know I don't want to be around them if they want to be pals.
Family is sort of like work, you don't have much choice so I am nice to them but move on.
So, yeah, Pman does seem to be wearing rose-colored glasses but that is not a bad way to go through life.

pretzel_man

As was previously said, I did NOT witness everything this man has done. Its certainly possible that he may have done these bad things.

But, over the last 25 years, I have been with him hundreds of times...

How many times have you (or others) interacted with him.

You want to be innocent until proven guilty and I support that notion.

However, you don't afford the same to others.....

As was previously said, I did NOT witness everything this man has done. Its certainly possible that he may have done these bad things.

I personally know Jesus loves him.

Auditor

I sat in a cubicle very close to his office for 3 years. I heard what he does with my own ears all day every day for 3 years. Sometimes he would make people stand in a line outside his door waiting for their turn to get yelled at and cussed at. I think I've seen how he operates a lot better than you have. Why don't you ask the 3 people from his department who quit in the last couple of weeks what they think if you don't believe me. He is a very abusive person. I can't believe nobody has reported him to HR or something.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
There is a guy in Corporate on the 5th floor who looks like Fat Albert from the Cosby cartoon. He must weigh 600 pounds. He's always in his office yelling and cussing at people on the phone or in person. He yells so loud everyone around hears him even with the door closed. I can't believe nobody does anything about this. Maybe they can't get rid of him because of his race.

You're probably right about the way he treats people below him, but he's probably friendly with his peers. Having said that, I think your first two sentences demonstrate a lack of class on par with the way it sounds like he treats people.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
You're probably right about the way he treats people below him, but he's probably friendly with his peers. Having said that, I think your first two sentences demonstrate a lack of class on par with the way it sounds like he treats people.

What's wrong with weighing 600 pounds and looking like fat Albert? Bill Cosby thought it was appropriate for tv 25 years or more ago.

Whether its a fat bastard or Larry the cable guy or just a regular guy, he shouldn't berate and humiliate people. If he did it to me, I'd call him something much worse. I suspect most others would also.

trickpony1

I sat in a cubicle very close to his office for 3 years. I heard what he does with my own ears all day every day for 3 years. Sometimes he would make people stand in a line outside his door waiting for their turn to get yelled at and cussed at. I think I've seen how he operates a lot better than you have. Why don't you ask the 3 people from his department who quit in the last couple of weeks what they think if you don't believe me. He is a very abusive person. I can't believe nobody has reported him to HR or something.

We had a District Manager who had a bad habit of cussing people during conference calls.
This went on until a center manager of an extended center recorded the abusive conference calls. The center manager then sent the tape and a letter of resignation to Atlanta explaining this was the reason for his resignation.
Atlanta told the center manager not to quit and the DM's cussing stopped.
The DM since has moved on to another district.

bigblu 2 you

he fit in a cubicle?

bigblu 2 you

I've known "brick" for over 25 years. We have worked together many times over that period and he has always treated me great. I have never seen him treat others poorly. I have seen many great things he has done for UPS.

Spreading rumors and making fun of someone you don't know does not seem very honorable to me.
signed,bricks brother...stoney.

Floyd Gondolli

We have a few management people in my building that fit this....well maybe not fit into anything, but you get the idea. Whenever they talk at a pcm (on roads, loss prevention) i chuckle. Stop going to the vending machine and take the fork out of your mouth. Especially in UPS culture, you want me to listen to you when you possibly couldn't do what i do. I won't listen. If i ever came across a person at UPS like "Fat Albert" with his obviously bitter attitude, he wouldn't ever look at himself in the mirror naked again and i wouldn't even have to say anything. It's in the eyes Chico.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

We probably know each other. You are pretty much on target as far as what I have seen and heard. I remember when he was a coordinator for Take Charge, he was very aggressive. Maybe too much.

Last edited:

Auditor

I heard today he called an emergency department meeting to threaten everyone about United Way. He told them that if everyone didn't give at least $350 they wouldn't be promoted and their pay increases would be reduced. Pretzel Man probably still thinks he's a great guy though because he wasn't one of the ones who got threatened.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I heard today he called an emergency department meeting to threaten everyone about United Way. He told them that if everyone didn't give at least $350 they wouldn't be promoted and their pay increases would be reduced. Pretzel Man probably still thinks he's a great guy though because he wasn't one of the ones who got threatened.

Welcome to the way operators are treated every day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

350? That's an odd number. Is that per week? If it's per year then it's $6.74 a week. Big whoop.