Fat Albert in the Corporate Office

DS

Fenderbender
I heard today he called an emergency department meeting to threaten everyone about United Way. He told them that if everyone didn't give at least $350 they wouldn't be promoted and their pay increases would be reduced. Pretzel Man probably still thinks he's a great guy though because he wasn't one of the ones who got threatened.
If this is true then you should call the ethics hotline.
Pretzel Man is a respected member of our community that has been nothing but an honest gentleman.
You may be right with your accusations or you may be one of those people lined up getting screamed at.
Although no names have been mentioned,I'm wondering if this thread breeches any rules.
The way it stands,Pretz's 1700 posts outweigh your 3,and my bet is that he would not condone,
nor tolerate what you described.Call the 1-800 number this thread may not be here long.

over9five

Staff member
You management guys should take a lesson from the union. Take ol' Fat Albert for a walk in the back alley, and have a discussion with him....

Popeye

That's what I thought---the money is fairly insignificant. The part that I don't agree with is being told that I have to donate or I may forego raises and promotions.

They'll tell you that the money is fairly insignificant when they want you to cough it up for United Way. But when they're talking out of the other side of their *****es about your pay increase they'll tell you the same $$ is a huge amount of money.

pretzel_man

If this is true then you should call the ethics hotline.
Pretzel Man is a respected member of our community that has been nothing but an honest gentleman.
You may be right with your accusations or you may be one of those people lined up getting screamed at.
Although no names have been mentioned,I'm wondering if this thread breeches any rules.
The way it stands,Pretz's 1700 posts outweigh your 3,and my bet is that he would not condone,
nor tolerate what you described.Call the 1-800 number this thread may not be here long.

Thank you DS. I do know him (DB) and for a long time.

IF he did what was said, I would NOT condone it. Never.....

pretzel_man

If you know him so well why don't you just ask him. Let us know what he says.

I didn't hear it first hand. I can assure you that if I did, I would say something. Guaranteed.

If I heard something like that, the first place I would go would NOT be an anonymous bulletin board.

beentheredonethat

dont pretend for one second that at ups,, you NEVER question ranking authority

It used to be easy back 10 or 15 years ago to know what rank a person is. Supv, mgr, div mgr etc. But now, there are managers who have a title of directors, supv that have a title of manager. Some managers are div mgrs, some mgrs are supvs. It's very odd. Usually in BD, a person's title sounds better then what it is. From what I understand in corporate, the office\cube you have helps in determining what level a person is. But it's easy for a grade 19,20,21, etc to not know what the other person is.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I heard today he called an emergency department meeting to threaten everyone about United Way. He told them that if everyone didn't give at least $350 they wouldn't be promoted and their pay increases would be reduced. Pretzel Man probably still thinks he's a great guy though because he wasn't one of the ones who got threatened.

Wow, he must really care about the community. He probably tears up thinking about all the children he's helping.