Fat Albert in the Corporate Office

OptimusPrime

You think I'm kidding Bubblehead? Have p man set it up for united way. My teamster brothers and sisters could watch for a five dollar donation.

If management really wanted to put United Way donations through the roof it would be really easy. Pull a couple of the lame assed suit and tie types, hand em a DIAD, and say, "Here ya go. Run it safe, smart, and on time!" I know a lot of drivers who would kick in money to watch them fall flat on their asses, come in at late, swearing and cussing, wondering how "we do it".

Justaname

If management really wanted to put United Way donations through the roof it would be really easy. Pull a couple of the lame assed suit and tie types, hand em a DIAD, and say, "Here ya go. Run it safe, smart, and on time!" I know a lot of drivers who would kick in money to watch them fall flat on their asses, come in at late, swearing and cussing, wondering how "we do it".
Doubt it. You know they would have a perfect dispatch, no misloads, and every package in sync! It would be better if at the end of the preload you got to choose which route they drive. I'd donate for sure.

Auditor

I didn't hear it first hand. I can assure you that if I did, I would say something. Guaranteed.

If I heard something like that, the first place I would go would NOT be an anonymous bulletin board.

Tell him you read about it on an anonymous bulletin board and see what he says.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
dont pretend for one second that at ups,, you NEVER question ranking authority

It used to be easy back 10 or 15 years ago to know what rank a person is. Supv, mgr, div mgr etc. But now, there are managers who have a title of directors, supv that have a title of manager. Some managers are div mgrs, some mgrs are supvs. It's very odd. Usually in BD, a person's title sounds better then what it is. From what I understand in corporate, the office\cube you have helps in determining what level a person is. But it's easy for a grade 19,20,21, etc to not know what the other person is.

As a followup on what beentheredonethat posted:

Management can and does ... quite often especially in the Corporate environment.

If it is someone in your chain of command, then your point is probably correct ... otherwise, it's no big deal.

Just like on Brown Cafe, keep it to the subject being discussed and don't get personal and it's OK.

Also, in your world, a division manager level is a very powerful authority while in Corporate it is no power at all.

menotyou

bella amicizia
As a followup on what beentheredonethat posted:

Management can and does ... quite often especially in the Corporate environment.

If it is someone in your chain of command, then your point is probably correct ... otherwise, it's no big deal.

Just like on Brown Cafe, keep it to the subject being discussed and don't get personal and it's OK.

Also, in your world, a division manager level is a very powerful authority while in Corporate it is no power at all.
He's in my world. He better remember that. :winks:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FreeAtLast13

I worked in his department until I quit. He is a nasty, abusive bully. He will kiss any butt that can help his own interests, and he craps all over the people who work for him. He commits to projects he doesn't have staff for, and then threatens people to make them work nights and weekends to get everything done. He has big department meetings where he threatens to move everyone's job overseas. He yells and screams and swears at people when things don't go his way. He threatens people who don't want to go along with United Way and UPSPAC extortion. He threatens people if the EOS scores are bad. He is the worst possible kind of person you could have as a boss. I finally had enough and quit. I decided if UPS puts people like him in positions of responsibility then I just don't wasn't to be there. I feel sorry for the people who are still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

over9five

Staff member
If y'all were Teamsters, you'd have a talk with him in the parking lot after work one night.
Only one way to take care of a bully. Talk it out....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Pman may tend to see the good in people and believe in things that people are trying to do. To me, that is a good thing.
I think if I had to choose a person I had to work with or play golf with or just sit around and drink beer, I would choose Pman, because he is a positive person, over most of the whiners and bitchers on here.
There are certain people I work with that I just stay away from because they are negative and always see the worst in any situation and the worst possible outcome as the inevitable end result.
In my personal life, I stay away from these negative whiners and let them know I don't want to be around them if they want to be pals.
Family is sort of like work, you don't have much choice so I am nice to them but move on.
So, yeah, Pman does seem to be wearing rose-colored glasses but that is not a bad way to go through life.
I miss Pretzel_Man ... he was source of solid information and insights to the way deployed systems and programs were suppose to work.

bill blutnach

There is a guy in Corporate on the 5th floor who looks like Fat Albert from the Cosby cartoon. He must weigh 600 pounds. He's always in his office yelling and cussing at people on the phone or in person. He yells so loud everyone around hears him even with the door closed. I can't believe nobody does anything about this. Maybe they can't get rid of him because of his race.

hey hey hey you are fired.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I miss Pretzel_Man ... he was source of solid information and insights to the way deployed systems and programs were suppose to work.
You could always count on him to explain how the systems were near perfect but the people using them weren't doing the easy job of using them correctly. I can hear it now, "ORION is easy and everyone would love it if your management team would just do their job." What I learned from him is that corporate accepts no responsibility for the current state of affairs, and how little they think of people in the field working their a*ses off day in and day out to service our customers. I would like to hear his take on what caused the peak cluster.