Fat person problems.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am your average fat autistic computer geek. I come from a line of fat autistic geeks who have all manners of problems. We get bad knees. We get diabetes. And we rarely live past our 70th birthday. I set out to change the pattern. I quit smoking earlier than my predecessors and even started losing weight. Unfortunately, working out hasn't been going too well. I'm getting older and I've been fat and out of shape for a long time. What I am good at however is getting out of bed every day at the same time and going to work. (Autism isn't all bad. Because of it I haven't missed a day of work in years. Managers have had to force me to leave because I was too sick to work.)

So my plan was to seek employment at UPS. It seemed to be a perfect plan, I may not be able to haul my fat ass to a gym, but I always go to work. Well, the plan is in motion but my coworkers and supervisors aren't thrilled.

Twice now supervisors have asked me to leave early. I know we overhired, I've heard we are holding a hiring freeze. Both times my supervisors have told me this was due to our being overstaffed. However, a coworker explained to me that this wasn't true and they're signaling to me that I'm not keeping up.

My concern is this - I know this coworker is correct, I'm not keeping up. On Tuesday, I pushed too hard and have been sore as hell ever since. Wednesday I was good for a half hour then ran out of steam. Thursday I was feeling a bit better, was told that I could keep up, but that only lasted an hour before the soreness returned and my speed tanked.

So, I ask - usually, how much time does a new hire have to get up to speed? My supervisors have assured me that I'm fine with the company, coworkers are sure that I'm not.
Quit eating so much. Exercise isn't going to do a whole lot for you on the fat loss side of things.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So, I ask - usually, how much time does a new hire have to get up to speed? My supervisors have assured me that I'm fine with the company, coworkers are sure that I'm not.
It can take a week or two. Just keep plugging along giving it all you can. Most people can't handle the job right off the bat. Took me about 2 weeks to get up to speed. Don't give up and don't worry about being sent home. HR has been overhiring, at least in my facility. Sometimes rather just lay you off we work you so you're up to speed when peak comes.

The Driver

I drive.
I am your average fat autistic computer geek. I come from a line of fat autistic geeks who have all manners of problems. We get bad knees. We get diabetes. And we rarely live past our 70th birthday. I set out to change the pattern. I quit smoking earlier than my predecessors and even started losing weight. Unfortunately, working out hasn't been going too well. I'm getting older and I've been fat and out of shape for a long time. What I am good at however is getting out of bed every day at the same time and going to work. (Autism isn't all bad. Because of it I haven't missed a day of work in years. Managers have had to force me to leave because I was too sick to work.)

So my plan was to seek employment at UPS. It seemed to be a perfect plan, I may not be able to haul my fat ass to a gym, but I always go to work. Well, the plan is in motion but my coworkers and supervisors aren't thrilled.

Twice now supervisors have asked me to leave early. I know we overhired, I've heard we are holding a hiring freeze. Both times my supervisors have told me this was due to our being overstaffed. However, a coworker explained to me that this wasn't true and they're signaling to me that I'm not keeping up.

My concern is this - I know this coworker is correct, I'm not keeping up. On Tuesday, I pushed too hard and have been sore as hell ever since. Wednesday I was good for a half hour then ran out of steam. Thursday I was feeling a bit better, was told that I could keep up, but that only lasted an hour before the soreness returned and my speed tanked.

A whole-foods plant based diet is what you need.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We need pictures.

Is it like can't see your junk fat?
y0QxM5.gif

UPSGUY72

Your fat / overweight because your eating to much of the wrong foods and don't exercise.. That being said you can exercise or don't manual labor all day long and it isn't going help you unless you change what your eating... Start buy trying to cut as much sugar as you can out of your diet while at the same time limiting the amount of fat calories and card you eat. Limit your carbs to 45 a meal and snacks to under 15 carbs. If you a Diabetic you should know what you need to eat. If your not a diabetic but your family has a history of Diabetes that your have a very good chance on getting it. Loosing weight and keeping it off means you have to change your lifestyle....

Good luck....

I'm a diabetic I lost 30 lbs changing what I ate.

Try and ice the soreness when you get off work. Take some ibuprofen. It probably wouldn't hurt to tell the hr person you have autism. Keep up the good fight.