Fatal Accident

traveler

Where next? Venice
Just on the news this evening, a Fedex driver was killed when his rig skidded off an ice covoerd road in Virginia. From the pictures it looked like a double but it was hard to tell for sure. Sad news at any time but particularly near Christmas.

W

WorkinStiff

They told us about it in our presort meeting at ground on Friday. He was pulling double drop frames when he hit black ice. Condolences to the family.

30andout

Not sure where but our center mngr. told us to watch our helpers, one somewhere fell over dead on area from a heart attack. Ya Merry Christmas. Work till you drop.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Friday morning my twentysix mile ride to work was the "commute from hell". We had a lot of black ice jam up the interstates around Atlanta and it took me almost two hours to get to work on alternate backroads. I passed a USPS tractor trailor that was off the road sticking up at a forty-five degree angle with a smashed up small SUV about half the length it originally was. I felt sorry for my competitor, these guys and gals are working just as hard as we do for less.