Fatal Accident

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Anything I can do I will, please feel free to post the details here.

My prayers are with his family.

upsdude

I'll check with my center manager in the morning and see if she can get any further info. The center involved is in our division.

upsdude

My center manager made some calls yesterday, a fund is being setup but the details have yet to be finalized. I’ve been promised the details as soon as they become available.

upsdude

Just to add a little more. From what I was told the widow wants the center manager there (in Lively) to "Handle It". That's not something the company can do. Lawyers etc. Before anyone starts bashing UPS over this, where the *ell are the Teamsters in this? The bank will need someone to be "in charge".

bigbrownone

GO BIG RED!!
Well I was told that the widow has already moved and they don't know how to get a hold of her. My center manager is trying to get something setup at wachovia. I've told him about this post. We have collected money since we found out about it and we have some drivers that want to send money stright to the family.

This shouldn't be turned into a union debate. We are all UPSers and that is what counts. We should be focusing on how to help his family.

I hope to find out something this next week.

upsdude

Well I was told that the widow has already moved and they don't know how to get a hold of her. My center manager is trying to get something setup at wachovia. I've told him about this post. We have collected money since we found out about it and we have some drivers that want to send money stright to the family.

This shouldn't be turned into a union debate. We are all UPSers and that is what counts. We should be focusing on how to help his family.

I hope to find out something this next week.

Didn’t intend to start a union debate, I was just a little irritated. I think each Local should have a plan in place to handle matters like this. The Local could have a bank and the paperwork ready, they could set it up and turn over Trustee duties to a family member. That way the survivors get the help and UPS and the Teamsters have no legal responsibility.

I’m sorry we can’t seem to get this off the ground. Could be a situation where the widow doesn’t want anything from us. Sadly I’ve seen situations in the past where that was the issue. I hope I’m wrong.