Faulty back doors

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I had a spare 861xxx a few days ago when my baby was in the shop and it was clear it was another one where management had them put it in service before it had the initial session with a mechanic. The bulkhead door clicked but didn't open unless you reached over and pulled on it, the back door wouldn't latch when you shut it unless you turned the handle/pushed the slide if inside, the door was hard to raise/lower, etc.

It blows me away how people don't take care of trucks. My truck has 25k on it (2013) and this spare 861 only had 5k on it but the cab looked like it hadn't been wiped down in 20 years. Spilled coffee, dirt, what looked like chewing tobacco spit, etc.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The rear door is one of the few parts of the car not monitored by Telematics.

Even if it is, you wouldn't be able to find out what I'm circumventing. Another way to "cheat it" is to put a rock INSIDE the "tunnel" where the lever is to open the door, and then it'll open after popping. So you have to use the FOB to unlock it, but no handle turning is needed.

I stumbled upon that after my handle snapped off about a year and a half ago, it did it early as heck in the day, and I was running a mall route. So I found a nice chunk of asphalt that fit perfectly and let it roll like that all day. I showed one of my On roads who came out for a misroute, and he loved it.

He's old school, and a hell of a guy. One of my favorite SUP'S I've ever had at UPS

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Best tool for fixing those faulty rear doors.
images

pbupsman

Its no secret that the lock doesn't unlock forever. When you're raising the rear door you should be lifting it with a smooth motion and not trying to pull it so hard. If you have to yank it that hard it needs to be written up. Remember its a marathon, not a sprint.[/QUOT while I was lifting the door in a smooth motion it relocked.....it pulled my bicep tendon out of my shoulder. im in no race here im on the 30 year plan