Favorite Sport Teams and Why?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by uwotm8, Aug 6, 2014.

1. uwotm8

uwotm8 New Member

I'm a Spurs and Houston Texans lifer. Was born into the fanbases (Houston Oilers previously).
  2. mjjlohn

mjjlohn Active Member

Cleveland browns

Sent using BrownCafe App
  3. pickyourking

pickyourking New Member

SS Lazio. La prima squadra della capitale. Anaheim Angels and Anaheim Ducks - because of geographic region.
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Technically the Houston Texans are not in any way associated with the Oilers. The Oilers left and became the Tennessee Titans. The Texans are an expansion team.

I follow all of the Boston teams as I am from that area originally.
  5. uwotm8

uwotm8 New Member

And are the Oilers still in existence? No. They are in a different area with a different name. Not the same. When Houston for back a team, it was the Texans. Therefore, it would make sense for me to root for them.

6. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The original Texans (Dallas) are now the Kansas City Chiefs.
  7. uwotm8

uwotm8 New Member

Only if it were the same and it still ain't.
  8. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Giants, Ole Miss, Grizzlies, Indians
  9. bender0873

bender0873 New Member

NY Giants...it's what I grew up watching
  10. uwotm8

uwotm8 New Member

Your teams are all over the place. How did this happen?
  11. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Used to be UT (Tennessee) and the Tennessee Titans but I don't really watch much anymore. I have lost interest. Watching pro and college sports seems so arbitrary to me now. Especially the NFL. I do watch the US Men's and Women's soccer teams in the World Cup every four years because they are truly representing who they play for. Unlike most of the selfish, greedy, narcissists that play for pro and college teams in any sport.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  12. Jeremaih156

Jeremaih156 Member

New Orleans Saints
  13. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Yea I know it is kind of odd lol. Ole Miss and Grizzlies are in this area. I actually didn't start following NFL until Eli made it to the NFL and he went to the Giants, so I started to watch and follow them. As for the Indians, I'm not a huge baseball fan, however I listen to Cleveland based radio shows, and I keep up with the indians from that. I don't really follow baseball but I always know their final scores so I just claim them cuz I keep up with it that much. I pretty much just repeat what they say about the Indians on the radio lol. We don't have any professional teams where I'm from so we have to just make due with whats out there.
  14. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

Do you think Graham got hosed by the arbitrator?
  16. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

Cleveland State Vikings football,..They are undefeated for the past 25 yrs.
  17. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

18. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

Dallas Cowboys, I have nothing against any other NFL team. I just like the Cowboys more. I've been a fan since 2nd grade.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

My former father in law was a huge Cowboys fan. When we were stationed in Texas, they came down and we drove to Dallas. We were given a tour of the stadium and got to walk on the field. He was in his glory.

My daughter married a Cowboys fan and has already told me that I shouldn't bother buying Patriots stuff for the baby as I would just be wasting my money.
  20. Fedex Guy

Fedex Guy Active Member

Orioles, Ravens, Caps, Wizards

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.