FBI

moreluck

golden ticket member
condolences-fbi-apple-taylor-swift-funny-ecard-25k.png

moreluck

golden ticket member
This hearing today with Comey reminds me of the Benghazi hearing with Hillary. If you remember, Hillary was retiring that day and when it was the Dems turn they praised her service like a going away party and the GOP asked serious questions about what happened.

Today, when it was the Democrats turn to question, all they did was praise Comey and admonish the other party for theater. When it was the GOP turn, they would ask serious questions trying to fill in that gap from Comey's opening words to his recommendation.

Sportello

This hearing today with Comey reminds me of the Benghazi hearing with Hillary. If you remember, Hillary was retiring that day and when it was the Dems turn they praised her service like a going away party and the GOP asked serious questions about what happened.

Today, when it was the Democrats turn to question, all they did was praise Comey and admonish the other party for theater. When it was the GOP turn, they would ask serious questions trying to fill in that gap from Comey's opening words to his recommendation.
I guess we watched a different hearing.

Do you see any problem's with the FBI investigation and conclusion?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I guess we watched a different hearing.

Do you see any problem's with the FBI investigation and conclusion?
No, I don't think she should be prosecuted.........there should be repercussions or sanctions or reprimands of some kind....like revoking her top security clearance for a certain amount of time.

Sportello

No, I don't think she should be prosecuted.........there should be repercussions or sanctions or reprimands of some kind....like revoking her top security clearance for a certain amount of time.
Revoking her security clearance isn't practical, especially if Trump gets it in two weeks. That decision would lie with the Executive branch, in any case, not the Legislative.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Comey challenges truthfulness of Clinton's email defenses

FBI Director James Comey confirmed on Thursday that some of Hillary Clinton's statements and explanations about her email server to the House Benghazi Committee last October were not true, as evidenced by the bureau's investigation into whether she mishandled classified information.

During an extended exchange with Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), Comey affirmed that the FBI's investigation found information marked classified on her server even after Clinton had said that she had neither sent nor received any items marked classified.

Asked whether Clinton's testimony that she did not email "any classified material to anyone on my email" and "there is no classified material" was true, Comey responded, "No, there was classified material emailed."

"Secretary Clinton said she used one device. Was that true?" Gowdy asked, to which Comey answered, "She used multiple devices during the four years of her term as secretary of state."

Gowdy then asked whether it was true that Clinton, as she said, returned all work-related emails to the State Department.

"No, we found work-related emails, thousands that were not returned," Comey said.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Revoking her security clearance isn't practical, especially if Trump gets it in two weeks. That decision would lie with the Executive branch, in any case, not the Legislative.
Security clearance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The authority for classifying information and granting security clearances to access that information is found in executive orders (EOs) and the USA's Federal law. USA's National Security Information (NSI) is classified under EO 13526. Information may be classified under this Order if a classification authority determines its unauthorized release could cause damage to the national defense or foreign relations of the United States. Information concerning nuclear weapons and fissile material may be classified under the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (AEA). These clearances are only granted by the Department of Energy. The clearance process for access to NSI or AEA information is substantially aligned. Under EO 12968, the investigative and adjudicative guidelines for NSI and AEA clearances are identical. This enables reciprocity between NSI and AEA clearances, although some exceptions exist.

USA's Executive Order 12968's standards are binding on all of the USA's government agencies that handle classified information, but it allows certain agency heads to establish Special Access Programs (SAPs) with additional, but not duplicative, investigative and adjudicative requirements. The Intelligence Community's Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) control systems are a family of SAPs, and SCI eligibility must be granted prior to accessing any particular control system or compartment (which may require additional investigation or adjudication). SCI eligibility policy is described in Intelligence Community Directive 704 and its implementing policy guidance. Any additional clearance measures used by SAPs must be approved by the Office of Management and Budget, which has generally limited such measures to polygraphs, exclusion of persons with non-US immediate family members, requiring more frequent reinvestigations, and requiring annual updates to security questionnaires.[11]

moreluck

golden ticket member
so don't ask my opinion if you don't want it! I happen to think they both are getting briefings daily!!

Sportello

so don't ask my opinion if you don't want it! I happen to think they both are getting briefings daily!!
I never asked for your opinion on the decision, I asked if you had a problem with the FBI's investigation/conclusions.

I don't think Trump (or Clinton) get official briefings until they are officially nominated, but not really sure on that. Once again, that is an Executive branch decision, as is the detail of the briefings. I'm not sure we want Trump sharing real intelligence with Paul Manafort. There may be a conflict.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
FBI's reputation crumbles with Clinton email fumble: Glenn Reynolds

Like the IRS and the Secret Service, more and more of the federal government is no longer trustworthy or competent.

“I’d rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother in the FBI.” That quote from Alabama Securities Commissioner Thomas Krebs appeared on the front page of The Wall Street Journal in 1980, referencing the feds’ unwillingness to go after financial criminals. But it’s a sentiment that could be shared by a lot of people given the FBI’s recent record.

Bureau Director James Comey’s news conference, in which he laid out an extended record of misconduct by Hillary Clinton but then announced that he wouldn’t recommend prosecuting her, was just the latest in a series of very visible FBI failures.

Bureau Director James Comey’s news conference, in which he laid out an extended record of misconduct by Hillary Clinton but then announced that he wouldn’t recommend prosecuting her, was just the latest in a series of very visible FBI failures.

The FBI had interviewed Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, after being warned by the Russian government that he was a threat, but still did nothing. Three people were killed and more than 260 were injured as a result. The FBI also investigated in advance but failed to prevent mass killings by Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan and Arkansas shooter Carlos Bledsoe.

The FBI made a "mistake” in the background check for mass shooter Dylann Roof, Comey has said. Roof should have been prevented from buying the .45-caliber weapon used in Charleston, S.C., in what officials called a hate crime.

Said Comey, “The thought that an error on our part is connected to this guy’s purchase of a gun that he used to slaughter these good people is very painful to us.”

It was also painful to the families of the nine people who were killed.