FDX 3rd quarter earnings double

Or, any idiot could have lost a huge amount of money in the same conditions (short selling, or panic selling when the market was low).
There were a few short sellers here on bc, ask them, how they made out.

Klein, a small percentage of people can sell short. If you are a short seller you have some knowledge. While I was late going long in 2009 I still managed to eek out more capital gains than earned income. This year maybe even tougher.

klein

Für Meno :)
Klein, a small percentage of people can sell short. If you are a short seller you have some knowledge. While I was late going long in 2009 I still managed to eek out more capital gains than earned income. This year maybe even tougher.

Just remember 1 major player now is the US dollar. The more it falls, the more the stocks will rise.
In my honest opinion and knowlege : If the healthcare bill passes, you'll see the US Dollar on the rise, stockmarket will retrieve.
If it doesn't, the dollar will fall, stocks go up. So, there is a bet you can, (to my knowledge), wager on.

As far as fedex fixing numbers, I doubt that (maybe , by a penny or 2, but not much more). Both fedex and UPS are worldwide companies... just because it's slow in the USA, doesn't mean it's slow in the rest of the world.
Austrailia already raised interesst rates, Canada is next (in June). Because, we need to cool off the market, already. Esspecially the housing market.