Feb 18th....the begining of my dissappointment?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I go over to fedexaminer every once in a while and posts under a different name. I like to see whats going on with the Purple guys, they whine and gripe about their company just like we do. I also encourage them to unionize, they should have the privilege of contributing to Central States just like I do!:sneaky2:

dragracer66

Dragracer66, Ive been a member of the Brown Cafe for almost 4 years. At the top of this page it says "Not sponsored or endorsed by UPS". Why does it bother you that I am a Fedex Express employee? At the end of the 2005 season after Denny took the wheel I posted I thought he would be rookie of the year in 06. Yea..just a guess...but a good one.
Really under your avitar it says sept 06. No it doesn't bother me I just think it's a little odd!!

dragracer66

I go over to fedexaminer every once in a while and posts under a different name. I like to see whats going on with the Purple guys, they whine and gripe about their company just like we do. I also encourage them to unionize, they should have the privilege of contributing to Central States just like I do!:sneaky2:
Hey Scratch...When your over at that Fed Ex site maybe you need to push for the Fed Ex guy's to join the apwa. It seems like it's not making any headway here!!!! Plus that might give the apwa some experience. Fed Ex would'nt know the difference anyway!!!:laugh:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't care if they went Teamster or APWA, Fedex would have to raise their rates and we would gain back lost business and create more jobs for us. The Teamsters have made a tiny bit of progress in Mass. with a few Fedex Home Delivery folks that aren't true contractors, but its still very much an uphill battle against Fred S. Maybe some Fedex mechanics could bolster up the IAM too? I'm very jealous of your Pension Plan!

dragracer66

I don't care if they went Teamster or APWA, Fedex would have to raise their rates and we would gain back lost business and create more jobs for us. The Teamsters have made a tiny bit of progress in Mass. with a few Fedex Home Delivery folks that aren't true contractors, but its still very much an uphill battle against Fred S. Maybe some Fedex mechanics could bolster up the IAM too? I'm very jealous of your Pension Plan!
We did try to organize the Fed Ex mechanics but there isn't that many of them...They were scared to death to even talk to us!!! Like there truck's most of there work is sent out to outside vendor's...There is a Pep Boy's in my area that work's on them!!! Go figure!!!

FEDEX FAN

monte carlo 11 and 12
Dragracer,
I posted under Monte Carlo 11 and Monte Carlo 12 among others. There are a few of us that do. I assume you are talking about Ground and Home Del trucks going to outsde vendor's to be worked on. They do own there own trucks and can have them serviced anywhere they want. Every Express, Freight,and National LTL (Watkins) station and hub has its own mechanics.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You have to pay $12 to register at FedExaminer.com?

Damn, you guys get screwed every which way but loose.

That $12 fee was something new, I joined last year so I got on. They had less than ten people on line, we have 150+ right now, which is a slower part of the day. These "community boards" do cost a certain amount of money to run, and that one doesn't run advertisements to help defray that cost. Fedexaminer and Teamsternet both ask for donations from viewers, while I never have seen anything like that here.

I have to admit to being a little biased. I think this is a much better site. I like the fact that we have people from all parts of the company interacting with each other. Its good to hear the point of view from the people behind the scene that most of us don't see.

Last edited:
OH well ... Jarrett still sucks ... only took him 3 laps to drop to last place ... and a Rookie driving a Robert Yates Ford finished second challenging Tony Stewart to the checkered flag ...:crying:

Dale Jarrett is one of the safest UPS drivers we have.....he does an awesome job staying back and seeing it all. He is awful nice, he communicates in traffic well and he always allows others the right of way. He waits three seconds before the car in front of him starts up which allows him a fantastic space cushion and eye lead time. He allows others around him to pass him, thus giving him space on all four sides. We should be proud of his skills.

SmithBarney

Dale Jarrett is one of the safest UPS drivers we have.....he does an awesome job staying back and seeing it all. He is awful nice, he communicates in traffic well and he always allows others the right of way. He waits three seconds before the car in front of him starts up which allows him a fantastic space cushion and eye lead time. He allows others around him to pass him, thus giving him space on all four sides. We should be proud of his skills.

Whats the eye lead time at 200 mph? Following Distance?

While I don't find nascar exciting to watch, I give the drivers all the credit in
the world... I've driven in a few "events" where I was only out for 30
minutes at a time on a road course at speeds of 50-110mph, and was
pretty whipped by the end of the day... so I could only imagine 500 miles
at 200mph(or whatever)

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Even though Hamllin did'nt cause that wreck, that second hit that t-boned him almost lifted his car ...what a way to end that race. Yup...DJ faded fast from the pole position, another "mid-pack" finish, what's new....on to Daytona!!!

Dutch Dawg

Maybe we're all being too hard on ole DJ. Perhaps he was present at a PCM on avoidable accidents and the threat of immediate discharge that he's now preoccupied with that challange. :tongue_sm

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Anybody going to Daytona??

On the news tonight, they were talking about the Waltrip Racing Team being caught using "a foreign substance" in the Toyota engines last weekend, with five crew chiefs kicked out and fined $100,000 apiece. They showed the "55" car, I didn't hear anything about "44". This is rumored to be jet fuel, Waltrip Racing will be starting the 2007 season a hundred points in the hole.:oops: