FED EX Driver killed today

FedGT

Seat belt or not rollover in these step vans would probably be certain death, sprinter/cargo van maybe a chance. That is unfortunate news, prayers go out to their family. Makes you wonder what happened to drive off the other side of an embankment.

FedGT

Unfortunate as this incident is. They are rushing to get home because of piece rate or whatever you guys call it.

Keep reaching, buddy.
Rushing to get home at 1:20 pm huh?? I would work for someone for piece rate if I was rushing home at 1:20. That would equate to at least $30 an hour, would be just fine by me for a part time job.

dvalleyjim

Home delivery driver killed today in SW VA. From what I hear it was a female driver. Country gravel road. Few details yet. Saw the van on a rollback. Damage to front and cab of van nothing crazy. Driver was ejected gonna assume no seatbelt and it rolled over the driver.

http://www.swvatoday.com/news/floyd/article_f4514134-8d66-11e5-aac2-0bafea98f09b.html

I hate to hear this. Dying at work. Please always wear a seat belt. Fasten it after every stop. Especially Ground drivers. Nobody at our term does. I always do. Funny, it was my driver that started me wearing a seat belt and closing the bulk head door. He said "be professional boss" I tell you in the ground business drivers make you or break you!