Fed/Ex Ground Feeders

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Does anyone know what the pay scale is for Fed/Ex ground? I used to know a guy who drove for them--he hated it--and I thought he said they got paid, like .29 a mile, but I can't remember. A few of us were wondering about it today.

MAKAVELI

Does anyone know what the pay scale is for Fed/Ex ground? I used to know a guy who drove for them--he hated it--and I thought he said they got paid, like .29 a mile, but I can't remember. A few of us were wondering about it today.

I believe they are part of the contractor scam. So if you are looking for good pay and benefits you probably should look elsewhere.

purplesky

I asked a FDX ground feeder guy just recently at a Pilot truck-stop and he said the fdx ground feeder route owners get paid around $1.50 per mile. They are owner operators and pay for their own fuel and maintenance. They apparently are guaranteed pay on the runs they own even pulling empties.

There are alot of European foreigners(russian,Yugoslavian,etc.) driving those trucks WHO CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH HARDLY AT ALL.:funny: They truly are gypsies in the true sense of the word.

Many of the fdx feeder drivers do not own the rigs or runs and are paid a small salary just like with FDX ground package scam.

barnyard

KTM rider
$1.50/mile seems really low.

Ads on CL have them paying between $.35-$.45/mile.

Someone is making money on the deal. The contractor in town is running all newer Volvos.

barnyard

KTM rider
Trucker math

Would you rather drive 1000 miles a week for $.50/mile
or
2000 miles a week for $.25/mile.

Both net the same per week. Gypsies that are living the lifestyle, will do 2000 a week because it is stupid to be sitting. People that have not bought into the 'lifestyle' would rather work smarter than harder.

STFXG

They get paid by the spot as well. Safety bonuses. I don't remember all the pay info or amounts. But I know the contractors make quite a bit.

The drivers around here make around .50 a mile (around $1000 a week including bonuses) with medical/dental.

barnyard

KTM rider
They do get a break on fuel if they fill up at FDXG terminals. Something like $2-$2.25/gallon.

That makes sense.

Back when I used to haul hay, I got $2/mile and did OK. That was almost 30 years ago. Granted, I did lots of empty miles, but still, I cannot imagine a person making any money today for less than I was paid 30 years ago. Even with $2/gal fuel, that is still double what I paid.

STFXG

That makes sense.

Back when I used to haul hay, I got $2/mile and did OK. That was almost 30 years ago. Granted, I did lots of empty miles, but still, I cannot imagine a person making any money today for less than I was paid 30 years ago. Even with $2/gal fuel, that is still double what I paid.

I believe the contractors get paid a fuel surcharge. The amount per mile goes up or down depending on the price of fuel.

barnyard

KTM rider
I believe the contractors get paid a fuel surcharge. The amount per mile goes up or down depending on the price of fuel.

Fuel surcharges are typically based on the price of fuel vs whatever the base price is. If they are paying $2/gallon, there is not much surcharge. Plus, when I was working feeders, the only trucks that passed me were ground contractors. If they are getting a surcharge, they are blowing it away with crappy mileage.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
They get paid by the spot as well. Safety bonuses. I don't remember all the pay info or amounts. But I know the contractors make quite a bit.

The drivers around here make around .50 a mile (around $1000 a week including bonuses) with medical/dental.

Screw that, man. I guess I'm spoiled, but I make twice that, and I'm home everyday. Our sleeper teams can make nearly $2500 a week and be gone all week, or as little as $1500 a week and only be gone Tues-Thurs. I just can't imagine being gone all week and only making $1000 a week.

The guy that I used to know who worked for Fed-Ex green also said it was common for them to wait at some big hub in Utah 8 to 12 hours on loads. No pay while they waited.