Fed ex package handler hiring question

SavagePickle

Hey Guys, Ive got one question about that hiring process that I could not find through other threads. Im debating on applying for the night shift package handling position that's around 1030pm-3am. My question is, does fed ex schedule your sort observation, interview and orientation around the time as your desired shift? I am only asking because this would be a second job and I do not want the interview, S.O. and orientation to affect my 9-5 day job schedule. Thanks in advance.

Schweddy

Balls
Man.. you are going to be working and sleeping non stop.

Idk what they will want or be willing to work with.. I would just ask.

SavagePickle

I know that before you were able to pick out your sort observation day when you applied only. Just worried they'll call asking me to come in at 9 in the morning, then have an orientation in the middle of the day.

They don't schedule your observation around your preference. After your Observation they send you a link to your email to fill out the application. Then from the application you choose your time preference. Then 2-3 weeks later they call you for an interview normally 3-5 questions. Why you want to work here, how did you hear about this position and the biggest question of them all. "You will be required to lift 25-150lb packages for 3-5 hours a day are you willing to do this?". After that is another 2-3 week wait. They call you in for orientation and you fill out the paperwork and get your ADP questionnaire. Then the next day is training at your scheduled time. Bring your boots. Going to be watching boring videos on dock, safety package handling basics and how to lift all packages. You will be doing OTP, the job no one likes. T-Stack all day bro.

SavagePickle

So the observation and the interview time could be at any given time? Damn that's annoying for people who already have a job looking for a second one lol. Thanks tho

Last edited:

SavagePickle

Its fedex ground with these sorts

Noonday - 12:00pm - 5:30pm
Twilight - 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Midnight - 10:30pm - 3:30am
Sunrise - 3:30am - 9:00am
Preload - 2:30am - 7:30am

Feathersandarrows

I just filled out an application and was asked what shift I could do. I am trying to get the 10:30-3:30 shift. I am going Monday at 11PM for a tour and possible interview. What else should I expect?

outtatime

I just filled out an application and was asked what shift I could do. I am trying to get the 10:30-3:30 shift. I am going Monday at 11PM for a tour and possible interview. What else should I expect?
Expect to quit after the first night cause it sucks being a handler.

Feathersandarrows

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I have to cover it up for my office job during the day too. Probably not the best spot for my first tattoo. LOL!!! I will get it covered.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I have to cover it up for my office job during the day too. Probably not the best spot for my first tattoo. LOL!!! I will get it covered.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend!

Are you set that you want to work the graveyard shift at Ground and your FT office job during the day? When you do plan on sleeping?

Feathersandarrows

I do cover my tattoo for my day job with the State. I plan on sleeping some right when I put my little girl down, and I am not sure if I will have any time when I get off. I will figure it out. It will be hard work, but I have to get the job first. It is like that when you have a baby, you just sleep whenever you can and work with all your heart.