Fed Ex worst ever

TrishL31362

Ha! Husband has been there 26 yrs. was attacked by pit bulls! Ripped arm to pieces, tore rotator cuff, surgery, etc! We were told not to talk to media, blah blah! Lost his route and was basically threatened to come back to work! Thx fed ex

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Sorry to hear about that, Trish... sounds like yet another typical "FedEx Cares" story...
When FedEx says don't talk to the media, then it's time to talk to the media.... It's high time Fredward and his merry band of terrorists get exposed to the light for all to see.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Sorry to hear about that, Trish... sounds like yet another typical "FedEx Cares" story...
When FedEx says don't talk to the media, then it's time to talk to the media.... It's high time Fredward and his merry band of terrorists get exposed to the light for all to see.

Talk to an attorney first.

hypo hanna

Talk to an attorney first.
Agreed. If you get injured on the job at FedEx, you are better off talking to a lawyer then a doctor. That's how the system is set up. The folks running your workers compensation program are not doctors or even insurance adjusters. They are LAWYERS who's sole function is to get you back to work or get rid of you at the least expense to the company.

bbsam

Staff member
I wonder what Dano and bb would say to justify this despicable treatment?
well when my driver was attacked by a rott and had to be off work for over six months, workman's comp covered it, sued the homeowner, paid for her medical bills and paid her $100,000 in pain and suffering. Now what was it you wanted me to justify?

RTURNSONLY

well when my driver was attacked by a rott and had to be off work for over six months, workman's comp covered it, sued the homeowner, paid for her medical bills and paid her $100,000 in pain and suffering. Now what was it you wanted me to justify?
Workers Comp does not pays for Pain and Suffering.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They have no right to tell you not to talk to the media.

I'd consult a good attourney first pronto.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The only time it's okay to talk to the media is if you have either a Panda or child with life-threatening disease they can parade around in front of a FedEx jet.

!Retired!

Workers Comp does not pays for Pain and Suffering.

Correct. They do not pay for pain and suffering. What they do pay is if you lose function of what ever body part is injured, even a percentage. I received a tidy amount for, if I remember correctly, 10% loss of my knee.

TRISHL31362 - How's your husband now? I hope you contacted a lawyer a long time ago. Also, be ready for a long fight. A friend of mine was fired while on jury duty, which is illegal, and it took about 3 years to settle (It never did get to court).

bbsam

Staff member
Let me clarify. The home owner's insurance did pay pain and suffering in the settlement that came about from work comp insurance during the home owner.

Goldilocks

I refuse to get out of my truck if a dog is running around barking. Had a check ride the other day, pulled up to the resi and lo and behold 3 dogs came running out, one with only 3 legs. The owner said, watch out for the 3 legged dog, he bites. I made my manager get out and deliver the package, because otherwise I would be held responsible for the dog bite.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't even both trying if there is a dog loose, I bring it it and let the clerk call them.

Each situation should be based on the circumstances. A blanket statement such as yours can create unnecessary delay and more work for the clerk. While I certainly don't want anyone to put themselves in harm's way not all loose dogs are mean and vicious.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

FedEx will put some serious pressure on you to NOT sue the homeowner. Looks bad.