Fed Ex worst ever

DontThrowPackages

I wonder what Dano and bb would say to justify this despicable treatment?
Probably would ask why he let himself get bitten or why didn't he sense dogs would be appearing from nowhere. Not to mention holding his PPad above his head causing the dogs to stop, turn around and run away.
This will for sure be a preventable and he will need to hurry back to work to E-sign off on it. And if we wants to keep his route, come back before 89 days and not to file workmans comp. but use all of his vacation time up and the remaining days out will be counted as LWOP.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I refuse to get out of my truck if a dog is running around barking. Had a check ride the other day, pulled up to the resi and lo and behold 3 dogs came running out, one with only 3 legs. The owner said, watch out for the 3 legged dog, he bites. I made my manager get out and deliver the package, because otherwise I would be held responsible for the dog bite.

Absolutely. I have been told that dog bites are preventable injuries because the employee should have "anticpated the hazard." I was delivering a residential one time and was walking up the sidewalk to the front door when I was knocked to the Ground by a very large Rottweiler that had come around the side of the house without a sound. No barking...nothing. He's standing over me, just sitting there, and the owner walks up, apologizing profusely.

I threw his Courier Pack against the door and got up, extremely pissed. Luckily, I wasn't hurt, but my heart was beating very fast and I was shaking. The owner said to wait, took the dog back in the house, and was back about 2 minutes later. He signed for the package and handed me a wad of $20's and begged me not to call the police, Animal Control, or a lawyer.

I took the money and left. End of story.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I have been told that dog bites are preventable injuries because the employee should have "anticpated the hazard."
Yep, this company is so far beyond the point of ridiculosity when it comes to that crap. I swear, if a meteorite fell on top of my head it would be MY fault for not getting the BIG picture. So easy for these jackwads to sit safely up in their ivory towers and preach to us about how foolishly unsafe we are. It's an inherently unsafe work environment, idiots. I'd love to see what kind of safety record these clowns would rack up if suddenly THEY had to get out in the real world for just a week. Let's start with Fredward. We already know how safe it is to be walking down the street with him coming along behind the wheel.

MAKAVELI

Fedex was never involved. Didn't hear a word put of them.
Different rules for Ground and Express. I had a coworker (at Express) who was bitten. Management really pressured him to not sue. He won a nice settlement, WITH the assistance of his lawyer.

I've heard that because FedEx is self insured that they can recoup any medical expenses from a settlement. Not sure if it's true, but wouldn't surprise me. Making money off an employee's injury would be another Fredex scam.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Absolutely. I have been told that dog bites are preventable injuries because the employee should have "anticpated the hazard." I was delivering a residential one time and was walking up the sidewalk to the front door when I was knocked to the Ground by a very large Rottweiler that had come around the side of the house without a sound. No barking...nothing. He's standing over me, just sitting there, and the owner walks up, apologizing profusely.

I threw his Courier Pack against the door and got up, extremely pissed. Luckily, I wasn't hurt, but my heart was beating very fast and I was shaking. The owner said to wait, took the dog back in the house, and was back about 2 minutes later. He signed for the package and handed me a wad of $20's and begged me not to call the police, Animal Control, or a lawyer.

I took the money and left. End of story.

And that is called "settling out of court" children, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. If they begged you not to get law enforcement involved, obviously that animal is a repeat offender.

!Retired!

Let me clarify. The home owner's insurance did pay pain and suffering in the settlement that came about from work comp insurance during the home owner.
That makes sense.
FedEx will put some serious pressure on you to NOT sue the homeowner. Looks bad.
I'd tell them either I sue them or you can pay me pain and suffering.
Would you really need a lawyer to sue the homeowner?
Yes!!!
Yes. The insurance company will have lawyers heavily involved. My driver was even counter-sued for "trespassing".
Now THAT'S funny.

hypo hanna

And that is called "settling out of court" children, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. If they begged you not to get law enforcement involved, obviously that animal is a repeat offender.

Should of held out for more. I bet he would have coughed up a couple of thousand with the pressure on. Still could of cost you a lit more if the injuries became chronic.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
FedEx will put some serious pressure on you to NOT sue the homeowner. Looks bad.

Interesting. I've never known a courier who was bitten being advised one way or the other in regards to suing the homeowner. I have known FDX legal to tell a courier that the company will not take part in the employee's civil action against the homeowner, but nothing more.

overflowed

Most people I know that have been bitten have gotten at the very minimum 10k . I know a crr that got 5 grand cash + medical bills to get shots or what not. This was someone he knew on route. Homeowner asked what happens if reported. It wasn't reported. Also, this was a very small dog like 15 lbs. They're the worst. No stitches were needed.

vantexan

When working in AZ there was a courier at sister station who had the front of his pants ripped away by large dog and needed stitches in a testicle. Sr. Mgr. met him at ER and put his suitcoat around him. If ever a courier deserved money he was the one. I had Border Collie bite me and break the skin as I was climbing into truck about 5 years ago. Didn't know I could have gotten some money!