FedEx advertises, UPS doesn't

Limper

Out For Delivery
The Redskins play in FedEx Field. Denny Hamlin drives the FedEx #7. Pro golfers play in the
FedEx Cup.

UPS press releases don't cost anything and they tell customers "we hired too many workers last peak and it hurt our profits".

Maybe UPS can sell ad space on the package cars like taxi cabs and public city buses.
Just an idea.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
On the other hand, the Redskins play in Fed-Ex field, so that is basically like not getting any return on their ad investment.

Overpaid Union Thug

The Redskins play in FedEx Field. Denny Hamlin drives the FedEx #7. Pro golfers play in the
FedEx Cup.

UPS press releases don't cost anything and they tell customers "we hired too many workers last peak and it hurt our profits".

Maybe UPS can sell ad space on the package cars like taxi cabs and public city buses.
Just an idea.
Our advertising is our service....oh wait....that's a thing of the past.

So maybe it's our big, shiny, CLEAN trucks? Um....no. Trucks are rarely washed anymore.

I don't know man. UPS has been pretty lacking in the marketing department. "What Can Brown Do For You?" and the shaggy haired freak with the white board is, sadly, the best UPS has cooked up lately. FedEx commercials are often kinda funny where ours are always dry and corny. I think corporate has their undivided attention on stock price instead of pesky little things like customers and advertising.

JL 0513

The last media report I heard on the radio about UPS was in regards to Access Point. The report didn't use the name Access Point but just described how it's a program designed to save UPS money. That customers would now have to go pick up their packages at another location if it couldn't be left the first time. There was no positive vibe to this report. As a customer, a total turn off.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The last media report I heard on the radio about UPS was in regards to Access Point. The report didn't use the name Access Point but just described how it's a program designed to save UPS money. That customers would now have to go pick up their packages at another location if it couldn't be left the first time. There was no positive vibe to this report. As a customer, a total turn off.

Do you mean the article telling people they could "fetch" their packages? Lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

LOL. I mean really...... why would that sound appealing to the average customer? Who comes up with these ideas? LOL.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
It's been like this all year. I'm not saying it was just this past week. August we were up 25%, our worst month this year we were only up 18%.

For the first half of the year, domestic package revenue grew 2.7%. UPS hiked its domestic rates up by an average of 5% YOY. Good for your building, but nationally package volume is stagnant.

AFWIW, per UPS's financials, it has cut advertising expenses in each of the past 2 years (I'm too lazy to dig deeper).

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
FedEx Cup.

Just an idea.
UPS is on the Ferrari F1 Team. UPS has several golfers wearing UPS patches on their shirts.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1443995446.769912.jpg