FedEx advertises, UPS doesn't

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Limper, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

The Redskins play in FedEx Field. Denny Hamlin drives the FedEx #7. Pro golfers play in the
    FedEx Cup.

UPS press releases don't cost anything and they tell customers "we hired too many workers last peak and it hurt our profits".

Maybe UPS can sell ad space on the package cars like taxi cabs and public city buses.
    Just an idea.
  2. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

On the other hand, the Redskins play in Fed-Ex field, so that is basically like not getting any return on their ad investment.
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

I see UPS ads on TV all the time during football games on Saturday and Sunday.
  4. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Our advertising is our service....oh wait....that's a thing of the past.

So maybe it's our big, shiny, CLEAN trucks? Trucks are rarely washed anymore.

I don't know man. UPS has been pretty lacking in the marketing department. "What Can Brown Do For You?" and the shaggy haired freak with the white board is, sadly, the best UPS has cooked up lately. FedEx commercials are often kinda funny where ours are always dry and corny. I think corporate has their undivided attention on stock price instead of pesky little things like customers and advertising.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

My sort is up 20% YOY. Apparently the lack of advertising isn't hurting us too much.
  6. Overpaid Union Thug

Thats's likely due to the fact that we just eased into October. It'll fluctuate but overall it'll keep increasing between now and the end of peak.
  7. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

It's been like this all year. I'm not saying it was just this past week. August we were up 25%, our worst month this year we were only up 18%.
  8. fres431

fres431 Active Member

My buildings volume been 15 to 20% above previous 2 years.
  9. Overpaid Union Thug

Probably could have been more with decent/good advertising. And even more if we provided the same level of service that we did prior to going public.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My level of service has not changed.
  11. Overpaid Union Thug

Yes I know. Anyone who signs the DIAD for customers is definitely providing unparalleled service.
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

The last media report I heard on the radio about UPS was in regards to Access Point. The report didn't use the name Access Point but just described how it's a program designed to save UPS money. That customers would now have to go pick up their packages at another location if it couldn't be left the first time. There was no positive vibe to this report. As a customer, a total turn off.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

no ads for UPS?
  14. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Do you mean the article telling people they could "fetch" their packages? Lol.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Overpaid Union Thug

LOL. I mean really...... why would that sound appealing to the average customer? Who comes up with these ideas? LOL.
  16. Fezco

Fezco New Member

Ups sponsors Ferrari cars in Formula One. They seem to be pretty active in that sport. Probably trying to spread the name in Europe.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

For the first half of the year, domestic package revenue grew 2.7%. UPS hiked its domestic rates up by an average of 5% YOY. Good for your building, but nationally package volume is stagnant.

AFWIW, per UPS's financials, it has cut advertising expenses in each of the past 2 years (I'm too lazy to dig deeper).
  18. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

UPS is on the Ferrari F1 Team. UPS has several golfers wearing UPS patches on their shirts.
  19. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

20. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Still one of my favorites!