FedEx advertises, UPS doesn't

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
LOL. I mean really...... why would that sound appealing to the average customer? Who comes up with these ideas? LOL.
It's not supposed to appeal to them.

Unless you mean the customer as in the shipper who pays the bills. Then it's attractive because we sell it as a cost savings for us that we can pass on to them.

newfie

The Redskins play in FedEx Field. Denny Hamlin drives the FedEx #7. Pro golfers play in the
FedEx Cup.

UPS press releases don't cost anything and they tell customers "we hired too many workers last peak and it hurt our profits".

Maybe UPS can sell ad space on the package cars like taxi cabs and public city buses.
Just an idea.

ups supports much more then what you say and advertises a lot more then what you see. Might want to do your homework before you make this point?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Ups sponsors Ferrari cars in Formula One. They seem to be pretty active in that sport. Probably trying to spread the name in Europe.
UPS logos appear on pretty much all factory Ferrari racers these days.
th

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The last media report I heard on the radio about UPS was in regards to Access Point. The report didn't use the name Access Point but just described how it's a program designed to save UPS money. That customers would now have to go pick up their packages at another location if it couldn't be left the first time. There was no positive vibe to this report. As a customer, a total turn off.
Yep between that and most of the smalls going to the post office which many customers do not like...oh well

Stopher

i would hate to be that guy. That jackwagon must get his chops busted everyday. Worst marketing I've ever seen. Think that tool would last 2 hours on the road?

S

selfcancelsignal

i would hate to be that guy. That jackwagon must get his chops busted everyday. Worst marketing I've ever seen. Think that tool would last 2 hours on the road?
He wouldn't even last in the sort. He'd get that NOT shoulder length hair caught in some rollers or a belt. LMFAO!

DennyHamlin

Dang. Denny Hamlin has been my NASCAR driver for years. Just landed a gig at UPS. If I wear my Denny Gear with FEDEX logos plastered all over, is that grounds for term? maybe just bad for team spirit. LOL. What a predicament.

Overpaid Union Thug

Dang. Denny Hamlin has been my NASCAR driver for years. Just landed a gig at UPS. If I wear my Denny Gear with FEDEX logos plastered all over, is that grounds for term? maybe just bad for team spirit. LOL. What a predicament.
Nobody cares about that stuff anymore. At has to effect their fantasy scores for then to care.

Just love these guys that post that the volume in their bldg. is up 10=20%. Think about it and face reality and ask yourself this question. Why aren't the same numbers reflected in the quarterly reports? And don't even think about stating they are lying. You can easily go to jail for falsifying that report!

raceanoncr

Our advertising is our service....oh wait....that's a thing of the past.

So maybe it's our big, shiny, CLEAN trucks? Um....no. Trucks are rarely washed anymore.

When I was hired in mid-70s, personnel guy EMPHATICALLY told me, "We don't do ANY advertising. YOU and our equipment are our advertisement".

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I was hired in mid-70s, personnel guy EMPHATICALLY told me, "We don't do ANY advertising. YOU and our equipment are our advertisement".
I had a DM in the early 80s tell me if your pkg car isn't clean don't take it out of the bldg
My how times have changed