FedEx and This Site

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was watching John McLaughlin on public television this morning and this topic was addressed. I then got to thinking how I would find MFE if I were Fedex corporate. Start narrowing it down from what we know from Fedex employee info, public records, and Brown Cafe. We know he is a topped out courier with previous experience in UPS feeder. That gives us a time frame of initial employment considering topout rate and a good chance that UPS experience was included in his application. We know that he is disgruntled and outspoken critic of Fedex at all levels. Triangulating these facts should narrow the pool significantly. Add to that his inference at times to work in realestate and public records should hold information as to accreditation in that field. Add to that his democratic leanings and bi-racial marriage and voila! a very clear picture is being painted. Send all this out to Express senior managers and I bet within 24 hours Memphis has their man. None of it illegal. In fact the only thing keeping them from doing it is an apparent lack of will to do so.

Good luck.

bbsam

Staff member
Simply saying it wouldn't be hard and emphasizing that they probably don't care. Personally, I don't care.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Maybe Cheryl can chime in on if she has ever been pressured from UPS or Fedex to censor or identify people?

Staying anonymous and refraining from posting "real time" station information is a good idea.

Always say "you heard" or "at another station this happened" helps to cover your trail.

When this site grows to become a big enough threat for an organizing campaign expect the heat to get turned up on identification...

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
What I wondered is if they could turn one. Say they came to me and said, "We want to use your computer to trace a private message back to so-and-so." If I am a willing participant and this is a public forum, is there any violation?

What I wondered is if they could turn one. Say they came to me and said, "We want to use your computer to trace a private message back to so-and-so." If I am a willing participant and this is a public forum, is there any violation?
ARE YOU CRAZY!!!Give them the finger not your computer! This is the USA not China!!

thedownhillEXPRESS

It sounds illegal, kind of like "wiretapping".
But thats just my speculation.

Maybe they have the right to identify us in the terms of service non of us pay attention to when we sign up to a forum like this.

MAKAVELI

I would say go for it. I'm sure there would be plenty of lawyers chomping at the bit to take on FedEx.

thedownhillEXPRESS

It's probably possible in an extreme example.
But I don't think it is as easy or casual as one might think.
Like a previous poster stated, your ISP address is unique, but it only would show your provider and the name of a city near you.
To get your exact location or identity would have to take a subpoena of some sort.

hypo hanna

I was watching John McLaughlin on public television this morning and this topic was addressed. I then got to thinking how I would find MFE if I were Fedex corporate. Start narrowing it down from what we know from Fedex employee info, public records, and Brown Cafe. We know he is a topped out courier with previous experience in UPS feeder. That gives us a time frame of initial employment considering topout rate and a good chance that UPS experience was included in his application. We know that he is disgruntled and outspoken critic of Fedex at all levels. Triangulating these facts should narrow the pool significantly. Add to that his inference at times to work in realestate and public records should hold information as to accreditation in that field. Add to that his democratic leanings and bi-racial marriage and voila! a very clear picture is being painted. Send all this out to Express senior managers and I bet within 24 hours Memphis has their man. None of it illegal. In fact the only thing keeping them from doing it is an apparent lack of will to do so.

Wow, just like the profilers on "Criminal Minds"!

hypo hanna

Depends on the cash offer eh?