FedEx Announces Poor Sales

Lordtekk

I stand corrected but it still does not change the fact that Express could still do all of Grounds work and not miss a beat. We are not doing it because corporate found a way to use a " contractor" or actually keeping in place the RPS model.

bbsam

Staff member
I stand corrected but it still does not change the fact that Express could still do all of Grounds work and not miss a beat. We are not doing it because corporate found a way to use a " contractor" or actually keeping in place the RPS model.

Well, yeah. Why wouldn't they? Why give up a huge cost advantage? I think Fred could eventually trransition Express to a contractor model. I think you are grasping at some thread of Express pride long gone.

Lordtekk

Well, yeah. Why wouldn't they? Why give up a huge cost advantage? I think Fred could eventually trransition Express to a contractor model. I think you are grasping at some thread of Express pride long gone.
It will never happen then they would not be an "Airline". Happy to see you are praying for our demise. But remember they can only screw us for so long until the workforce retaliates and it will happen. I and my fellow veterans of this company who have made this company what it is today beg to differ with your opinion in regards to pride. Like I have said before I pay no mind to Ground People or the contractors,so in reality your opinions,assumptions and predictions mean nothing to me. Have A Good Day.

Goldilocks

I like some of your post but others ??? Unless you have been a senior employee with Fedex you would never ever understand the pride we have. Its tough right now but we will never be ground....ever.....

bbsam

Staff member
I like some of your post but others ??? Unless you have been a senior employee with Fedex you would never ever understand the pride we have. Its tough right now but we will never be ground....ever.....
How many years have you spent saying, "we will never"? Fact is, neither you nor I know what the future holds for Fedex. What we do know is that neither Express nor Ground is what it was 10 years ago. As a Ground ISP I have been referred to as a "mercenary" and it is a title I wear with pride. It's a pride that you may never know but one easily as fierce and determined as the one once prevalent at Express. You once had it great. We never did. Why shouldn't it be our turn? We are, afterall, the ones turning the greater profit margin.

bbsam

Staff member
It will never happen then they would not be an "Airline". Happy to see you are praying for our demise. But remember they can only screw us for so long until the workforce retaliates and it will happen. I and my fellow veterans of this company who have made this company what it is today beg to differ with your opinion in regards to pride. Like I have said before I pay no mind to Ground People or the contractors,so in reality your opinions,assumptions and predictions mean nothing to me. Have A Good Day.
Yes. UPS once ignored RPS and Ground so I will reply the same way I do to them: Ok. Ignore us as long as you can but it is at your own expense. Or you could finally grow a pair, push all the chips in and sign the union cards. Personally, it makes little difference to me. I get paid for getting packages delivered. The account may have come from the USPS, UPS, Express, or any of a number of regional carriers. I don't show up for popularity contests, I show up for business. It jus so happens that I am very, very good at it. Have a nice day.:wink2: