FedEx Anti-union Games

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx is anti-union in many ways that are obvious, but others sneak-in under the radar of most people. Ever notice that FedEx stations don't have employee bulletin boards where you can sell your bike, car or anything else? You also cannot post notices of any kind unless they are pre-approved by management. This effectively prevents the posting of union materials

Have any of you ever had someone come into a FedEx facility and talk about anything? For example, FedEx is a big supporter of the United Way, but their reps aren't allowed on the property. This policy allows FedEx to keep union reps off the property, because everyone is banned.

I've heard that an Employee Loyalty Survey is currently making the rounds, coincidentally just before the SFA starts ths year. This tells me that the Memphoids are concerned that they're going to get another SFA with bad results. It doesn't really make a difference, because even if the numbers are horrible, they will say we've "improved" again, just like always.

Don't even bother to take it. Your disgust with this farce will have more of an effect if you don't participate. Yes, you can ding your manager if you'd like, because they don't cook those numbers, but from an overall perspective, you're never going to get the truth from MEM.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The only way to have an accurate survey is to have an independent 3rd party to handle the scores.

I can just see the June frontline video when MT3 says "how much better the SFA scores were this time." :dissapointed:

Union materials however can be safely deposited in dropboxes. Even if there was an employee bulletin board I'm sure the managers would be checking it every 5 minutes for union literature.

vantexan

The problem isn't FedEx having anti-union policies. Not like they're going to make sure unions have access to their property anyways. The unions interested in us should be standing in public access areas outside stations handing out material to drivers. Where are they?

vantexan

Union materials however can be safely deposited in dropboxes.

Which would most likely be thrown away. Not many are going to risk passing out union material they found in a dropbox. Plenty of employees would be running to mgmt to report you. If union reps aren't going to stand outside and hand out info then what can we expect from them if we do unionize? No need to educate me MFE, it's a rhetorical question.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Which would most likely be thrown away. Not many are going to risk passing out union material they found in a dropbox. Plenty of employees would be running to mgmt to report you. If union reps aren't going to stand outside and hand out info then what can we expect from them if we do unionize? No need to educate me MFE, it's a rhetorical question.

I'm with you. Where are the Teamsters? If a rep stood outside my station he/she would have a lot of signed cards. They aren't showing any interest in doing much of anything.

packageguy

Mrfedex,
Good point, the thing about the united way, if there are no reps don't
donate under fdx, send a check under your name. your still giving
for a good cause, but it's under your name not fdx.

Mr Fedex

Banned
Mrfedex,
Good point, the thing about the united way, if there are no reps don't
donate under fdx, send a check under your name. your still giving
for a good cause, but it's under your name not fdx.
Maybe Mr FgEx should do i little research before posting his made up crap

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I know several ex-FedExers that say they would be out there in that line passing out info. Just like one of my old manager's used to say.."come on in and have your pen ready!"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe Mr FgEx should do i little research before posting his made up crap

Ask your manager if you can bring-in a United Way rep to speak at your station. I guarantee you'll be told "no". If there has been a visit from anyone outside of approved vendors, a station manager could be in some real trouble.

You see, this is by design.That's why people have to get pre-approval before they sell Girl Scout cookies or do anything non-FedEx. Ever see a 3X5 card on the board for a used bike, TV, or whatever. No, you haven't.

This is policy, not made-up crap. That's your specialty, and I'll feed every one of your steaming lies back to you. Watch-out for flies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know several ex-FedExers that say they would be out there in that line passing out info. Just like one of my old manager's used to say.."come on in and have your pen ready!"

There is enough interest out there to more than justify a national organization drive. For every Purple Popsicle like FedEx4Life, there are a dozen ticked-off couriers who would happily sign cards. Our attitudes are so bad, we get a special vistor to come-in and give us a pep talk. I'm guessing that there won't be an open Q&A session, because they might have to carry this person out on a stretcher. Our last few meetings have been full-blown arguments with management. Think there are other stations out there just like mine? You bet there are, and the morons in Memphis know it.

Mr Fedex

Banned
Ask your manager if you can bring-in a United Way rep to speak at your station. I guarantee you'll be told "no". If there has been a visit from anyone outside of approved vendors, a station manager could be in some real trouble.

You see, this is by design.That's why people have to get pre-approval before they sell Girl Scout cookies or do anything non-FedEx. Ever see a 3X5 card on the board for a used bike, TV, or whatever. No, you haven't.

This is policy, not made-up crap. That's your specialty, and I'll feed every one of your steaming lies back to you. Watch-out for flies.
blah blah blah

LTFedExer

There is enough interest out there to more than justify a national organization drive.
True
For every Purple Popsicle like FedEx4Life, there are a dozen ticked-off couriers who would happily sign cards.
Debatable...
Think there are other stations out there just like mine? You bet there are, and the morons in Memphis know it.
I'm sure there are. But, enough to pass a national vote? I don't think so. But, that's my opinion and I'm SURE you'll disagree.

bbsam

Staff member
There is enough interest out there to more than justify a national organization drive. For every Purple Popsicle like FedEx4Life, there are a dozen ticked-off couriers who would happily sign cards. Our attitudes are so bad, we get a special vistor to come-in and give us a pep talk. I'm guessing that there won't be an open Q&A session, because they might have to carry this person out on a stretcher. Our last few meetings have been full-blown arguments with management. Think there are other stations out there just like mine? You bet there are, and the morons in Memphis know it.
IBT must disagree, otherwise I'm sure they would sink their canines into that morsel of American trucking industry.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
True

Debatable...

I'm sure there are. But, enough to pass a national vote? I don't think so. But, that's my opinion and I'm SURE you'll disagree.

As usual, we can agree to disagree. There are many stations that aren't very happy as a whole. I see it in my district, and I doubt that we are an exception to the rest of the districts in the country. Once again, that is my informed opinion based on discussions with employees from all around the country. None of them know I post on here. Some are pro-FedEx, and others (most) are not. I've got friends who are still Purple through and through, and others who'd like to burn Smith in effigy. Overall, my take is that most employees are ready to sign cards.

vantexan

As usual, we can agree to disagree. There are many stations that aren't very happy as a whole. I see it in my district, and I doubt that we are an exception to the rest of the districts in the country. Once again, that is my informed opinion based on discussions with employees from all around the country. None of them know I post on here. Some are pro-FedEx, and others (most) are not. I've got friends who are still Purple through and through, and others who'd like to burn Smith in effigy. Overall, my take is that most employees are ready to sign cards.

What some aren't seeing is that the longer this goes the more there will be against current policies. Debatable? How long will those with top pay and full traditional pensions be around? Do people really think the majority of couriers who've been strung along 10 to 15+ years and nowhere near top pay are happy about their future at FedEx? Are all you older couriers who are fine with the status quo really ok with those who come behind you having to accept much less? Most of us aren't expecting huge gains in pay or a gold plated retirement. We just want to get to better pay in a reasonable amount of time. And there will be more who feel this way every year, and less who think whatever we get is good enough for us.

Mr Fedex

Banned
What some aren't seeing is that the longer this goes the more there will be against current policies. Debatable? How long will those with top pay and full traditional pensions be around? Do people really think the majority of couriers who've been strung along 10 to 15+ years and nowhere near top pay are happy about their future at FedEx? Are all you older couriers who are fine with the status quo really ok with those who come behind you having to accept much less? Most of us aren't expecting huge gains in pay or a gold plated retirement. We just want to get to better pay in a reasonable amount of time. And there will be more who feel this way every year, and less who think whatever we get is good enough for us.
I agree 100%.It will take a new hire 20 years to reach top pay.I think its bad however,they are lining up to be hired at FedEx.I see my managers doing interviews every day of the week.Some of us Fedex workers are in denial i will admit that,but that doesn't mean we hate our job or aren't happy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree 100%.It will take a new hire 20 years to reach top pay.I think its bad however,they are lining up to be hired at FedEx.I see my managers doing interviews every day of the week.Some of us Fedex workers are in denial i will admit that,but that doesn't mean we hate our job or aren't happy.

Here's the question you should be asking, and that's why are there so many job openings at FedEx? That's because there are people quitting left and right, even in a down economy. It doesn't take long for the smart ones to figure-out that FedEx sucks. Then they move-on, as will many others when the economy recovers. A quality local employer in my area is hiring and almost everyone at the station has an application in, praying that they'll get one of the 200 or so jobs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx does not suck.Here's the funny thing.My user name may be Fedex 4 Life,but with your close to 30 years at Fedex,you literally ARE FEDEX FOR LIFE!!! lol

Sorry, but FedEx totally sucks. I'm only hanging-in until my exit strategy is complete, and if it had been like this 20 years ago, I'd have been long-gone. I don't know how many years you have in, but Federal Express was an excellent company for a long time. They've turned it into something that is pretty bad by comparison. Too bad Uncle Fred chose the WalMart low road with employees. I'm glad that mediocrity satisfies you, which isn't much of a surprise.