Fedex Background Check

Monsterlips

Hey Guys,
I'm in the process of buying an Isp. Little worried about the background check. I disclosed that I had a dui nearly 10 years prior. I forgot to mention I had a had a misdemeanor possession charge from 11 years ago. I was pulled over and searched they found a pot pipe. Was not mine etc... Anyhow I plead nolo and just honestly forgot about it, as I was not arrested just ticketed paid the ticket and moved on. How far back do they search your criminal history(7years ,10 or more)? I have not had anything in the last 10 years period. The terminal manager told me the Dui should not be an issue . My fear is that I mistakenly did not disclose the misdemeanor from 11 years ago.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hey Guys,
I'm in the process of buying an Isp. Little worried about the background check. I disclosed that I had a dui nearly 10 years prior. I forgot to mention I had a had a misdemeanor possession charge from 11 years ago. I was pulled over and searched they found a pot pipe. Was not mine etc... Anyhow I plead nolo and just honestly forgot about it, as I was not arrested just ticketed paid the ticket and moved on. How far back do they search your criminal history(7years ,10 or more)? I have not had anything in the last 10 years period. The terminal manager told me the Dui should not be an issue . My fear is that I mistakenly did not disclose the misdemeanor from 11 years ago.
Uh oh. You're screwed.

Seriously, I have no idea. Lol. One of the Ground contractors can probably tell you. @bbsam.

bacha29

Hey Guys,
The first question is this. Are you buying enough routes to get to scale.? The second question is how is the purchase being financed ? The headaches you're taking on may very well out weigh the consequences of your past indiscretions.

Monsterlips

The first question is this. Are you buying enough routes to get to scale.? The second question is how is the purchase being financed ? The headaches you're taking on may very well out weigh the consequences of your past indiscretions.
5 routes. Already in Isp model. Paying cash

bacha29

5 routes. Already in Isp model. Paying cash
Two unanswered questions remain. Your ability to so called "negotiate" a rate from Ground. Good luck with that. You will not be allowed to discuss settlement related economic matters with other contractors or allowed to have an attorney accountant or engineer present during those so called 'negotiations". The second question is whether or not you can find people willing to do the same type pf work as a UPS driver as much work or more as a UPS driver on a given day and do it for an overall compensation package that is about one fourth of what an average UPS diver gets and do it on a continuous daily basis for an extended period of time. Likewise while it's good that you won't have debt service to pay nevertheless workman's comp premiums can absolutely kill you as many ISP's are now discovering.

dmac1

Suppose you pass the background check and buy the business now. Two years down the road, somehow fedex finds out about the 'incident' and they just don't like you personally. You could be fired immediately or have your contract cancelled for lying on the application. Not worth risking a dime on this scam. You do know that they have the right to cancel anytime they want, right?????

bacha29

Suppose you pass the background check and buy the business now. Two years down the road, somehow fedex finds out about the 'incident' and they just don't like you personally. You could be fired immediately or have your contract cancelled for lying on the application. Not worth risking a dime on this scam. You do know that they have the right to cancel anytime they want, right?????
Dmac's right. That's the problem with an Ground ISP contract......... NOTHING"S BINDING! If you truly are an "entrepreneur" as Ground accuses you of being you'll find something better to do with your talents..