Fedex Background Check

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Monsterlips, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Monsterlips

Monsterlips New Member

Hey Guys,
    I'm in the process of buying an Isp. Little worried about the background check. I disclosed that I had a dui nearly 10 years prior. I forgot to mention I had a had a misdemeanor possession charge from 11 years ago. I was pulled over and searched they found a pot pipe. Was not mine etc... Anyhow I plead nolo and just honestly forgot about it, as I was not arrested just ticketed paid the ticket and moved on. How far back do they search your criminal history(7years ,10 or more)? I have not had anything in the last 10 years period. The terminal manager told me the Dui should not be an issue . My fear is that I mistakenly did not disclose the misdemeanor from 11 years ago.

2. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Uh oh. You're screwed.

Seriously, I have no idea. Lol. One of the Ground contractors can probably tell you. @bbsam.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Why doesn't anyone ever own up to anything anymore?

"Yes, officer, the pipe was mine."

4. Monsterlips

Monsterlips New Member

lol...Thing is it was not mine.

5. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

What??? Like personal responsibility??? Thats crazy talk right there. Lol.

6. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

The first question is this. Are you buying enough routes to get to scale.? The second question is how is the purchase being financed ? The headaches you're taking on may very well out weigh the consequences of your past indiscretions.

7. Monsterlips

Monsterlips New Member

5 routes. Already in Isp model. Paying cash

8. bacha29

Two unanswered questions remain. Your ability to so called "negotiate" a rate from Ground. Good luck with that. You will not be allowed to discuss settlement related economic matters with other contractors or allowed to have an attorney accountant or engineer present during those so called 'negotiations". The second question is whether or not you can find people willing to do the same type pf work as a UPS driver as much work or more as a UPS driver on a given day and do it for an overall compensation package that is about one fourth of what an average UPS diver gets and do it on a continuous daily basis for an extended period of time. Likewise while it's good that you won't have debt service to pay nevertheless workman's comp premiums can absolutely kill you as many ISP's are now discovering.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

When my kids were growing up they had matching "Not Me" t-shirts.

10. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

They say there's a sucker born every minute.

They run full background history unless your state has limitations.

11. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

They only go back 10 years for drivers, not sure about a new contractor.

12. Monsterlips

Monsterlips New Member

That's what I have been reading. 10 years seems pretty standard for them. I just was hoping for that to be verified. Thanks hopefully I hear back soon with a positive result.

13. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

"That's my story an' I'm stickin' to it!"

14. dmac1

dmac1 Active Member

Suppose you pass the background check and buy the business now. Two years down the road, somehow fedex finds out about the 'incident' and they just don't like you personally. You could be fired immediately or have your contract cancelled for lying on the application. Not worth risking a dime on this scam. You do know that they have the right to cancel anytime they want, right?????

15. bacha29

Dmac's right. That's the problem with an Ground ISP contract......... NOTHING"S BINDING! If you truly are an "entrepreneur" as Ground accuses you of being you'll find something better to do with your talents..