FedEx CEO among the Best in America, Says Institutional Investor Magazine

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
FedEx CEO among the Best in America, Says Institutional Investor Magazine - Yahoo

Institutional Investormagazinerecognized Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and chief executive officer of FedEx Corp. as among the best chief executives in America. Smith was named the top CEO for the Airfreight & Surface Transportation category for the second consecutive year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Discuss: FedEx CEO among the Best in America, Says Institutional Investor Magazin

Maybe they mean he's the best tap dancer.......because lately he has had to do some quick steps to turn all the negative news around to positive sound bites.

I think the "Darling of Wall Street" in the transportation sector has their days numbered.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Re: Discuss: FedEx CEO among the Best in America, Says Institutional Investor Magazin

If Institutional Investor Magazine (?) says it, it must be so. Considering the source, Smith isn't a surprising choice because he always maximizes return for the investor at the expense of his employees. For Smith, only the bottom line matters, and it really doesn't matter to him how many people he dumps on to bring in those dollars.

Those who are interested in finding out more about the great Fred S should do a little research on the man and his personal and business ethics. His strange and Napoleonic rantings on his concept of "leadership" also deserve examination.

Not exactly a self-made millionaire, Smith was born into money. While he does deserve credit for creating Federal Express and presiding over one of the most successful venture capital enterprises of all time, he has a checkered history.

Smith was accused by his sisters of using their money without authorization to help start Federal Express, an allegation that has never been publicly proven or disproven.

Shortly after starting FedEx, a drunken Smith hit and killed a pedestrian in Memphis. To make a long story short, Smith got out of it because he was about all Memphis had going for it besides Elvis.

Smith has also been repeatedly accused of shady financial deals and illegal anti-competition practices. His political connections are deep, and well-financed by Smith and FedEx. It's no big secret that Fred keeps a large fleet of executive jets available for Washington politicians, who are more than happy to take advantage of his hospitality. Take a look at the prominent former politicians on the FedEx Board of Directors. He's got a lot of powerful people in his pocket, and he gets his money's worth when they vote pro-FedEx on legislation.

Great guy,great CEO, great humanitarian....he's our Fred.

FedEx2000

A lot of allegations in that post, not so many facts........

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Do a little research and see how accurate my portrayal of Mr Smith really is. His political connections are fact, and there have been plenty of articles in the print media supporting this. So are FedEx campaign donations. So are the many trips taken on the FedEx business jet fleet by compliant politicians.The FedEx PAC is second only to that of UPS, and Smith is very used to getting his way in Washington D.C......why do you suppose that is? To his credit, Smith clearly knows how to work our political system to his advantage. He's a very bright man.

The drunk driving accident is a fact, and the only allegation that is unproven is that of using his siblings funds without their authorization, which I clearly state has never been proven or disproven.

If you work for FedEx, you owe it to yourself to find out what kind of character Smith really is. It always amazes me how many employees still think that he has their best interests at heart, which is incredibly ignorant on their part. Smith has consistently done everything he could do to de-content our jobs and keep wages low, all the while pushing for more production by Draconian methods. Some might say that's just good business.I disagree, and if you want to be ignorant about Smith's true intentions, go right ahead and keep your head stuck in the sand.