Fedex copying UPS again...

D

double_standard

the union is corrupt
they work indirectly with the company to increase profits ,when it comes down to repesenting thier members,they fall way short.
they never helped me when I needed it

S

switchoff

Good idea, we should all hold hands together and gather around the camp fire....

Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah!
O Lord, kum ba yah!

Someone's laughing, Lord, kum ba yah!
O Lord, kum ba yah!

Someone's crying, Lord, kum ba yah!
O Lord, kum ba yah!

Someone's singing, Lord, kum ba yah!
O Lord, kum ba yah!

O Lord, kum ba yah!

S

switchoff

D.S.,
I would hate to be in your shoes. You give the impression of being in a crappy work evironment. Although from reading your past posts, I do believe you give 110%. I hope things improve for you.

P

proups

Monte: Shame on you.....you weren't totally honest about NASCAR's shipping methods. They are now offering free UPS Ground shipping for orders over $75.

Here is the detail from NASCAR.com:
Eligible for FREE Shipping on Orders Over $75
Getting your items shipped FREE is just a click away!
Offer only valid while supplies last and is limited to sizes/styles available.
Orders must be completed by June 2nd, 11:59 PM (ET) to qualify.
Offer is not applicable to orders placed through Group Sales.
Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
Offer only applies to GROUND shipping.
Some larger, special shipment or oversized items are not included in this offer.
This promotional offer may be modified or terminated at any time without notice.

HOW IT WORKS
If the item you are interested in purchasing says "Eligible fo FREE Shipping on Orders Over $100" on the product detail page that means that product is eligible for Free shipping. Heres how you can get FREE shipping on your order:
Order $100 or more worth of items that are eligible for FREE Shipping.
Proceed through our secure checkout.
Select Ground Shipping as your method of delivery for all items eligible for FREE Shipping.
When you review your order, your savings will appear in your order total. Its that easy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FREE Ground Shipping on orders of $100 or more: Offer only valid on items eligible for this promotion and orders which include $100 or more worth of eligible items (not including taxes, gift wrapping and similar charges). All items which are eligible for this promotion will say "Eligible fo FREE Shipping on Orders Over $75." Items which are not eligible for this promotion will be subject to normal shipping charges. Order must be confirmed by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on 06/02/05 to receive discount. Entire order must be shipped to a single address. Cannot be combined with another promotional offer and is not valid on previous purchases. Only applies to orders to be shipped to a valid address in the United States, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Not available for shipments to APO/FPO addresses or P.O. boxes. Customer responsible for all shipping costs for returned merchandise. This offer is not applicable to orders placed through Group Sales. Offer not valid on out-of-stock or cancelled merchandise. Offer is only valid while supplies last. This promotion may be modified or terminated at any time without notice.

Now the key sentence here is "Not available for shipments to APO/FPO addresses or P.O. boxes." That is what you will see ANYTIME someone is shipping UPS. Never mind the constant reference to GROUND shipments. They do give you an option to choose shipping methods, but UPS is the official carrier.

Where was that #11 car this past weekend anyway?

R

racerx

Well then.. theres the reason right there that it came via USPS It was too cheap! Free ground shipping for orders over $75. Given the fact that Joe Gibbs Racing had to work out a deal with Interstate Batteries to even get that ugly FedEx logo on the track during the Coca Cola 600 shows that those FedEx collectables aint so collectable.

What did you pay for the car, Monte? A few Cracker Jack box tops, a ball of yarn, and then you covered postage and handling?

And there is another thing that UPS did before FedEx NASCAR. After we showed HUGE success with our designation as the Official Package Delivery Company of NASCAR, we ventured out and sponsored a team. And not just any team a Cup Championship team. We then unleashed an unbelievably successful and entertaining marketing campaign that tied in NASCAR and THE BIG BROWN TRUCK. Like him or hate him, everyone enjoys Dales commercials!! Then here comes FedEx

And while we are on the subject of NASCAR and FedEx, why cant you guys come up with your own unique ad campaign? The commercials you guys are running are basically the same ones NASCAR ran a few years ago: showing actions commonly seen at stock car races and showing the results if they were carried out in everyday life. Yawn! Boring! Come up with something new

Put that in your tail pipe and smoke it! Oh wait.. Your car didnt qualify so you cant Nevermind.

U

upsdawg

Monte---sounds like you are a loyal FedEx person---and there is nothing wrong with that----stay positive and open minded!! FedEx is the best thing that ever happened to UPS---it was a wake up call---forced our hand and made us committ to what type of a company we were going to be. UPS came real close to aquiring DHL in 1985 and backed out at the last second----often wondered what would have happened if ......

UPS is a very conservative company--we are planning on being around in 20 years----no debt--AAA Bond rating, financially sound---I am happy to work for a company that can be relied on.

I am thinking that UPS will allow FedEx to take some ground marketshare from them---but in the meantime, we are growing the Supply Chain side of the company and will have a secure future with what we are building now. The financial side is still in it's infancy-----I see UPS as the next G.E Capital....matter of fact I just received my UPS Credit card in the mail last week!!

Monte---please continue to be a good competitor!!

S

switchoff

ups gal 710, I'm glad at least 1 person liked it. Someone gave it a 'vote' of only 1 star which hurt my feelings, so I quickly had to give it a 'vote' of 5 stars to bring the average up. I feel much better now!

B

brownmonster

UPS is the official"Express" delivery company of Nascar. Nascar.com is too expensive.

M

montecarlo11

proups,
i ordered two 1:24 cars from nascar.com
they were both shipped together and cost over $75.
they were shipped out of the nascar.com store in louisville, ky. the address is 7601 trade port drive. I did not get charged for shipping and did get an email letting me know that the cars were shipped. there is a link that you can go to with the tracking number for the pkg through the USPS. the email shows the item number for each car and the price. it also shows who the pkg was shipped with. if you would like me to cut and paste the email i have no problem doing it for you.

M

montecarlo11

brownmonster,
I understand that. I dont understand why the post office delivered the pkg. shipping was free and in the top right corner of the astra label it says "parcel select
US postage paid
parcel direct

on the return label that you would use if you were not satisfied with your purchase it has a spot that says all shipping charges must be prepaid. we cannot accept c.o.d. we recommend that you use UPS or insured parcel post for your return shipment.

M

montecarlo11

proups,
the pkg from nascar.com has (shipper: parcel direct) on it.

In September 2004, Parcel Direct became a subsidiary of FedEx Ground after FedEx Corp. acquired the leading parcel consolidator. The service was later rebranded FedEx SmartPost and currently provides a cost-effective solution for low-weight, less time-sensitive residential shipments.

Today, FedEx Ground is the only small-package ground carrier operating a network of automated facilities and ships more than 2.6 million packages every business day.

More about FedEx Ground today: Overview | Fact Sheet

parcel direct is owned by Fedex. and the mail that is sorted through the system is moved by fedex and delivered by the USPS. why would nascar.com pay fedex and the USPS to deliver pkgs that UPS should be doing if there the "official delivery company of nascar"?????

weird huh?

P

proups

monte: now it makes sense to me. 7601 Trade Port Drive is at the Louisville Airport in Kentucky, where (you guessed it) UPS Worldport was opened a few years ago.

UPS Worldport is the largest air cargo operation in the country. The reason? UPS Supply Chain Solutions has hundreds of thousands of square feet of warehouses there - all fulfillment centers for our various customers (under their name).

Your order was probably taken by a UPS Supply Chain Solutions person, either via the web or telephone, and they would have identified themselves as a representative of the company you bought them from. Then a UPS Supply Chain Solutions person would pick, pack, and ship your package.

Then, and you are really going to hate this, a UPS Supply Chains Solutions driver would have taken that freight to the nearest USPS facility for sorting, loading, and delivery.

It may say Parcel Direct, but you guys never touch it until it gets to the USPS. By the way - UPS has been doing this type of business with the USPS for a while now.

U

upsdawg

Monte--you are just trying to rub some noses into the ground with the information that you are sharing regarding FedEx. Yes---Fed Ex is using USPS to deliver some of the out of the way addresses for you---and you in turn move some of the USPS packages in the FedEx system--------and I love the way that FedEx always builds up the fact that they move more packages than any other carrier---and the volume is up--and it is volume that is taken away from UPS because customers love RPS...I mean FedEX Ground-------let me ask you this:

Why does Fx stay away from announcing profit--but it is usually "the volume is going through the roof-( are you including the USPS volume that you are moving for them?)---or our revenue went through the roof (which would and should happen if you aquired another company.....Caliber, RPS, Kinkos) compared to last year.I know that perception is worth a lot in the market---and this is something that UPS could learn from Fred----but isn't the bottom line "profit"-----and credit worthiness. UPS has AAA Bond rating---what is FedEx--B+ or something like that??

And Monte---are you familiar with UPS Mail Innovations and UPS Basic---and remember that company that used to be the Brokerage Company that you used exclusively.....Fritz----the one that UPS purchased from under your nose ( I loved that one!!!)

U

upsdawg

Proups---excellent post!! I don't think that even UPS employees understand the scope of Supply Chain Solutions---it is growing so fast and we are building (I am sure we are paying cash!) 20 more warehouses in China and who knows where--and if we are not building them we are loaning customers money to do it through UPS Capital---can you say "Ching-Ching"!!

M

montecarlo11

my my my, would you 2 like facts? not what i think or what i wish but facts?? i can not only prove that you are wrong proups but i will give you the info to back it up.

im still waiting to here from irony about where he got that info on LTL on yellows website. I tried to find it for three days and nothing. I know he found a few facts and then tried to add his own two support his claim, and thats cool, ill play along. Ive taken the liberty to do some searching and I to have found a few facts to support my claim. when we here from irony i will be more than happy to set up the link for everyone who is interested to read for themselves. (no reason to make stuff up irony, we are just talkin facts here!)

M

montecarlo11

upsdawg,
paid in cash, (ohhh yea..i mean credit)

FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX) and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Inc., today jointly announced an agreement for FedEx to acquire Kinko's for $2.4 billion, payable in cash. The transaction is not expected to have a material impact on fiscal 2004 results but is expected to be accretive to earnings in fiscal 2005, which begins June 1, 2004.

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 9, 2004--FedEx Corp. (NYSE:FDX) today announced an agreement to acquire Parcel Direct, a division of Quad/Graphics, for $120 million in cash. Parcel Direct is a leading parcel consolidator and will add a new dimension to the FedEx portfolio of services. The transaction is expected to close during the second fiscal quarter and is subject to customary conditions, including Hart-Scott-Rodino clearance. Based on Parcel Direct's current size, this acquisition is not expected to have a material effect on the fiscal 2005 financial results of FedEx.

M

montecarlo11

upsdog,
Why does Fx stay away from announcing profit--but it is usually "the volume is going through the roof-( are you including the USPS volume that you are moving for them?)---or our revenue went through the roof (which would and should happen if you aquired another company.....Caliber, RPS, Kinkos) compared to last year.I know that perception is worth a lot in the market---and this is something that UPS could learn from Fred----but isn't the bottom line "profit"-----and credit worthiness. UPS has AAA Bond rating---what is FedEx--B+ or something like that??

huh?? what are you talkin about??

I

ironylife

I put up a link, shut your yap and check it out. Nothing was added, just want you to tell me who is the largest ltl company in the us. You better watch out, yellow is the third largest trucking company behind ups and fedex, and they are moving into fedex freight territory, just like our newest little 1 billion dollar investment will.

P

proups

Monte: FredEx may own Parcel Direct, but that doesn't mean you move the goods.

UPS moves packages for the USPS (UPS Mail Innovations).

I've even seen FredEx packages in our system.

It just makes sense that your cars came out of one of our UPS SCS Warehouses in Louisville and was moved by UPS SCS people to Parcel Direct, or the USPS, for delivery. We both made money!

By the way, AAA Debt Rating means UPS isn't debt loaded. FredEx can't touch that one.