FedEx cry babies

overflowed

Only routes I've heard of hitting that kind of sph are metro foot courier routes in highrises. Those hit 26 27 sph. They don't even drive, just walk in one highrise to another.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The Rock Island Arsenal is a huge military weapons manufacturing facility located on an island in the Mississipi River.

l22

This is a good time to remind everyone out there, slow down. Patience is the key. Don't be in a rush to do anything. If you work for Express, WAD and you'll be fine. If you rush, sooner or later you WILL get in an accident/injure yourself. If you get in a certain number of accidents, you will be fired. If you get a life-changing injury, they will just find someone else to do the job and forget about you. When you get in an accident at Express, NO ONE will stand by you - not your manager, not HR, NO ONE.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This guy is full of crap. 30 SPH in a semi-urban area? That is two minutes per stop. even in a dense subdivision, you've got at least a minute of drive time/package selection time/walk to the house time etc. And what are the chances of having a route that dense with the mileage he is claiming...ZERO.

This whole discussion is based on a BS lie.

The best I have ever done is 75 stops in 45 minutes with an on-car as my helper.

30 SPH does seem a bit on the high side.

bbsam

Staff member
For those interested in rare guns, Rock Island Auction House is also here as is Springfield Armory.

Purplepackage

The best I have ever done is 75 stops in 45 minutes with an on-car as my helper.

30 SPH does seem a bit on the high side.

Helpers add another part to the equation. I was training a new courier a few years ago during peak and he was basically my runner, I could knock off 40 stops in an hour depending on the neighborhood I was in. But that also involved hitting houses on both sides of the street at the same time

Overpaid Union Thug

There is an HD driver in my route that runs/drives like his life depends on it. I've witnessed him almost cause more than a few accidents. One of the customers bitched about him to me one day and as he was clowning the guy he almost hit a school bus head on while trying to pass me.

Route 66

There is an HD driver in my route that runs/drives like his life depends on it. I've witnessed him almost cause more than a few accidents. One of the customers bitched about him to me one day and as he was clowning the guy he almost hit a school bus head on while trying to pass me.
What?.....still trying to decipher this part

It will be fine

This whole thread is just ragging on the OP for being productive. It's no wonder Ground is growing and taking market share so fast. Everyone else has hourly employees that seem to brag about how slow they go and justify it by claiming they are following proper methods. You can be safe and productive at the same time. 30 sph is not a sustainable pace, but high 20's is pretty realistic, especially with HD out of a step van.

Route 66

The HD guy almost hit a school bus while a customer was bitching about how stupid and dangerous he is. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. What did you not understand?
Now that statement is easily understandable. What you wrote originally was one of the most awkward, confusing sentences I've read in quite some time.....(and that's saying something for this place!) :happy2:

Overpaid Union Thug

The part about where you had time to listen to a customer bitch about the HD driver.

Why would I not listen to a customer? Should I be running windsprints to and from the houses instead? Or how about cutting off a school bus?
Route 66, post: 1625674, member: 40816"]Now that statement is easily understandable. What you wrote originally was one of the most awkward, confusing sentences I've read in quite some time.....(and that's saying something for this place!) :happy2:
I don't know why. Looks pretty understandable to me. Read it again. It will make more sense the second time

dezguy

This whole thread is just ragging on the OP for being productive. It's no wonder Ground is growing and taking market share so fast. Everyone else has hourly employees that seem to brag about how slow they go and justify it by claiming they are following proper methods. You can be safe and productive at the same time. 30 sph is not a sustainable pace, but high 20's is pretty realistic, especially with HD out of a step van.
There is a big difference between being productive and being stupid.

bbsam

Staff member
Why would I not listen to a customer? Should I be running windsprints to and from the houses instead? Or how about cutting off a school bus?
I don't know why. Looks pretty understandable to me. Read it again. It will make more sense the second time
You have commented on your portliness. Maybe windsprints wouldn't be a bad idea.