FedEx cutting corners

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Taken while leaving my last appointment of the day. Crazy independent contractors! I'm sure this is safe.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d834b3127ccec70a6178310800000040O08EctmTRs1bg9vPho/cC/friend%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Ghost in the Darkness

I notice Fedex driving around with bulkhead doors open and engines running while delivering a stop... unfortunately I'd be witholding the truth if I didn't see our drivers doing these same things... and a lot of them guys that have been driving 20+ years.

I once had my hand cart knock the bulkhead door off its track while having to make an unexpected quick stop... and that was while the door was closed too.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
i waived while he drove by, and by the time i looked up and saw this, he was around the corner. my phone was in my hand at the time.

i would have stopped him and given him the heads up, but I am sure he was going to the building accross the street. still, that would be a major red card for UPS.

Last edited:

Re-Raise

I saw an RPS package car (before they were bought by FedEx) driving through the town I delivered to with his bulkhead door and the back door open. I pulled alongside of him to tell him. We knew each other and I said "Max you left your back door open"

He was overweight and it was a hot summer day. He looked at me and said " I know,
I am a big guy and I have to have some air blowing through this truck"

True story.

One time we were at the same dock and he said to me " We had a meeting at work this morning and they said we would be as big as you guys in 5 years"

I looked at him and said "Thats funny we had a meeting and they told us we would have you out of business in 2"

He looked like I had kicked his puppy and the people on the dock about fell over laughing.

COSMOS

I tried to warn a UPS driver once that his back door was open. I yelled and waved but he thought I wanted to race.... Lots of packages down the on-ramp and on the freeway. It was the day after Christmas and he hadn't been a driver very long. Unfortunatley, I never saw him again.

Re-Raise

I tried to warn a UPS driver once that his back door was open. I yelled and waved but he thought I wanted to race.... Lots of packages down the on-ramp and on the freeway. It was the day after Christmas and he hadn't been a driver very long. Unfortunatley, I never saw him again.

Okay

You could tell how long he had been a UPS driver by looking at him? I am sorry you two never saw each other again. You must move on..

tieguy

Banned
i waived while he drove by, and by the time i looked up and saw this, he was around the corner. my phone was in my hand at the time.

i would have stopped him and given him the heads up, but I am sure he was going to the building accross the street. still, that would be a major red card for UPS.

follow him, pick up the packages then go back to the account he came from, explain what happened and work the sales.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Hard to tell. Looks empty. Maybe he knows its empty and driving to the next stop like that. AAAhhh I don't know.. who cares?

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
car was about 1/8 full, obviously going to his next stop.

he had just left picking up my account's third party/freight collect volume - they are 100% UPS for the stuff they pay for.

everyone has a bad day, so for now, I won't share it with any customers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Look at the upper left corner of the picture and you'll see a late model Freightliner. Also, if you have a roll-up door and the slot on the door rounds-out with wear, your door can and will pop open. This guy probably just didn't care or forgot, but poorly maintained trailers usually have issues.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Look at the upper left corner of the picture and you'll see a late model Freightliner. Also, if you have a roll-up door and the slot on the door rounds-out with wear, your door can and will pop open. This guy probably just didn't care or forgot, but poorly maintained trailers usually have issues.

that dude didnt have a care in the world when he drove past me. you all are also dissecting the picture way to much. that is a group of customer warehouses, that is a customer truck parked backed up against their dock.

he is driving to another dock to do a pickup and was either too lazy/dumb to roll the door back down.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
that dude didnt have a care in the world when he drove past me. you all are also dissecting the picture way to much. that is a group of customer warehouses, that is a customer truck parked backed up against their dock.

he is driving to another dock to do a pickup and was either too lazy/dumb to roll the door back down.

Since he works for Ground I'll go with dumb. And I was just poking fun at the dissection, but the pebble in front of the Freightliner is from the Jurassic period.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

They are dissecting the pic because they don't have anything else to do and are bored! :peaceful: