FedEx driver dies in accident. Subsequent investigation shows he ran stop sign.

DontThrowPackages

I wonder if, in the last 12 months, the total number of dead drivers nationwide as surpassed the total number of dead cops nationwide. When it becomes more dangerous to be a delivery person than a cop, its time to wake up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wonder if, in the last 12 months, the total number of dead drivers nationwide as surpassed the total number of dead cops nationwide. When it becomes more dangerous to be a delivery person than a cop, its time to wake up.

Statistically, driving a motor vehicle for a living is more dangerous than being a cop. The number of dead drivers for ALL companies would easily surpass the number of cops killed in the line of duty. For FedEx alone...no.

bluehdmc

RIP

From what the link says he ran a stop sign and was thrown from his vehicle. I'd say he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

HomeDelivery

RIP ~ to be so young to go out like that... wasn't there another HD incident that happened in north/central Jersey a few months ago?

we're probably going to hear about it on Tues due to the vicinity.

that's what happens when they scrapped the training program (Smith System A.G.K.L.M or the Fedex System S.A.friend.E) & try to hire anyone with a pulse to do this job.

I practice "SMOG" at every stop; w/ 3 kids and no life insurance, i stay safe on the road

MAKAVELI

w/ 3 kids and no life insurance, i stay safe on the road

You sound like you are in your early 30's. Did you know that you can get a 20 year $500K term policy for around $40/month?
I'd say with your $100k salary that would be easy to do but when they make a 1/3 of that with no benefits it would be hard to just put food on the table. Maybe you would be so generous as to give him the $40. I mean do you really have to be a condescending troll on every post?