FedEx driver dies in accident. Subsequent investigation shows he ran stop sign.

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by FedUpExpressCourier, Jun 30, 2013.

1. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

2. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Sad! Any idea what opco he was with?
  3. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

No clue. But would have to surmise if it happened on a Saturday night, chances are it's not Express. Ground or Home delivery if I had to guess
  4. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

RIP May God bring peace and healing to all involved and affected.
  5. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I would guess HD as well. Sad.
  6. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

I wonder if, in the last 12 months, the total number of dead drivers nationwide as surpassed the total number of dead cops nationwide. When it becomes more dangerous to be a delivery person than a cop, its time to wake up.
  7. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Statistically, driving a motor vehicle for a living is more dangerous than being a cop. The number of dead drivers for ALL companies would easily surpass the number of cops killed in the line of duty. For FedEx
  8. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

From what the link says he ran a stop sign and was thrown from his vehicle. I'd say he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
  9. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Ground/HD SOP.
  10. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

I've been wearing mine for about 40yrs, got in the habit long before UPS. I put the key in the ignition in my car with one hand grab the seat belt with the other.
  11. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Me too.
  12. northbound

northbound Member

Sad to see anyone killed regardless of opco. Drivers from every company need to take safe driving seriously!
  13. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Sad.... Rest in peace.
  14. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

Our oldest will be 15 in a few months. 2nd kid is just short of 2 years behind her. I ever see or hear either one didn't have a seatbelt on, kiss the car goodbye.
  15. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

RIP ~ to be so young to go out like that... wasn't there another HD incident that happened in north/central Jersey a few months ago?

we're probably going to hear about it on Tues due to the vicinity.

that's what happens when they scrapped the training program (Smith System A.G.K.L.M or the Fedex System S.A.F.E) & try to hire anyone with a pulse to do this job.

I practice "SMOG" at every stop; w/ 3 kids and no life insurance, i stay safe on the road
  16. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Read the comments below the article.
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You sound like you are in your early 30's. Did you know that you can get a 20 year $500K term policy for around $40/month?
  18. northbound

northbound Member

A few years back I purchased a 30 year term 250k life insurance for $93/month . When it terms out I get all the money back.
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My policy has the same language.

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

I'd say with your $100k salary that would be easy to do but when they make a 1/3 of that with no benefits it would be hard to just put food on the table. Maybe you would be so generous as to give him the $40. I mean do you really have to be a condescending troll on every post?