FedEx driver dies in accident. Subsequent investigation shows he ran stop sign.

MAKAVELI

A minimal payment at best, for the reasons I gave. The Ground driver has zero from FedEx, the corporation.
there is no reason why FDX should pay.
It's called having compassion. Someone died wearing their uniform and driving a truck with their logo on it. If you think that means nothing and the family doesn't deserve help then you really need to look at yourself in the mirror.

ManInBrown

For the record I'm not saying the family should, or shouldn't get anything monetarily from the company. Just felt like posting the comments made by the relative when I read it this morning. Not really sure where I stand when it comes to that? Should the company pay for the funeral? Would be a nice gesture.

bbsam

Staff member
It's called having compassion. Someone died wearing their uniform and driving a truck with their logo on it. If you think that means nothing and the family doesn't deserve help then you really need to look at yourself in the mirror.
Well you need to understand how business works. I just looked at my work comp insurance policy and it seems the limit is $500k. Granted that's a small number when it comes to a persons life, but we have insurance policies to cover these tragedies and that insurance is not cheap.

MAKAVELI

Well you need to understand how business works. I just looked at my work comp insurance policy and it seems the limit is $500k. Granted that's a small number when it comes to a persons life, but we have insurance policies to cover these tragedies and that insurance is not cheap.
Regardless, having workers comp doesn't stop FedEx , a multi billion $ company from showing some compassion and empathy for someone who died on the job. Just sayin.

bbsam

Staff member
Coming from someone who only values profit is priceless.
You could always start a local "compassion drive" and send the proceeds to the family. Let me know the dollar figure and we can compare it to what the work comp pays. At least you will get a warm fuzzy feeling.