Fedex Driver Ejected From Cab

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by NonyaBiznes, Apr 12, 2013.

1. NonyaBiznes

NonyaBiznes Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!

2. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

I can't see what division it was but I think it had to be Ground or Freight because they said it was a double.

3. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

I'm sorry the guy is dead but he was a :censored2: for not having his seatbelt on. No excuses

4. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Express sometimes runs doubles.

5. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Sorry that anyone gave their life for this company. No doubt FedEx will send flowers then do all they can to deny survivor benefits to his family.

6. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

A year ago I was riding in a public bus going to an airport with my wife. I noticed the driver was not wearing his seat belt. I almost said something to him like "Hey, shouldn't you be wearing your seat belt"? But, I didn't want to act like some know-it-all. I bet if I had said something, he would never go belt-less again.

I'm pretty sure all these buses have cameras that see all parts of the bus including the driver so, I thought it was pretty stupid of him.

7. northbound

northbound Member

No need to exploit the drivers death just to attack an opco with nothing to back it up. #pathetic

8. thedownhillEXPRESS

​I was just stating the facts, freight and ground use doubles.#dumb ground driver.

9. northbound

northbound Member

I'm not gonna bash on this thread but even MFE knows Express uses doubles

10. thedownhillEXPRESS

Rarely.I'll apologize if my guess turns out to be incorrect.

11. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

We haven't run doubles out of our location in several years now, nor have I seen any others in the region. We still have pup trailers, but they run as single units. Not saying that no one in Express is pulling doubles anymore, but I'd say it would be a rarity. At our facility we don't even have any converter dollies left to do so even if we wanted to (which we certainly do not). I believe they were all sent to Freight or Ground - and good riddance too

12. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Like I said, Express sometimes runs doubles, but not very often. That points to Ground or Freight. Got it?

13. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Most likely Ground.

Their FMCSA scores point in that direction.

14. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I can confirm that Express pulls doubles. Like MFE said, not very often.

15. NonyaBiznes

NonyaBiznes Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!

Yes, this was a "Ground" driver and there are regions that still run Express doubles. Do a YouTube search to see how many "Ground vs Express vs Freight" accidents you see. Sadly GROUND has the most. But regardless, this was someone's husband, son, uncle, nephew and/or brother.

16. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Real classy, guys.

17. Pretty much why I don't like this forum ... the Express snobs just have no class ... arrogant :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:s

18. StuffItFred

StuffItFred Member

Go away then. There are plenty of other jobs that require filp flops, tattoos, and 23 piercings. Better yet you are probably exactly what the "new" fredex is looking forl

19. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Now that's the pot calling the kettle black.

20. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

The truth is that Ground has a terrible FMCSA score. Why? Because they have a lot of accidents. Simple fact.