FedEx Driver Killed in Crash

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We put ourselves in more of a risk out there than this company will ever admit.

My condolences to the family of the Home Delivery driver.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Very tragic...sympathies to the man's family

At least it wasn't an Express courier or he would've been hit with a preventable (posthumously) for not staying fully aware of his surroundings at all times and ready to take appropriate evasive action. They would have sent his warning letter to his wife to obtain his signature by proxy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

At least it wasn't an Express courier or he would've been hit with a preventable (posthumously) for not staying fully aware of his surroundings at all times and ready to take appropriate evasive action. They would have sent his warning letter to his wife to obtain his signature by proxy.

True.

!Retired!

You are an ass. You can't just leave a tragedy thread alone. There just HAS to be a dig into Express.
And you're no better.

On the flip side....imagine being the co-worker he was doing a favor for?

Goldilocks

So many elderly people should not be allowed to drive. I hope this was not alcohol related.

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to everyone involved.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are an ass. You can't just leave a tragedy thread alone. There just HAS to be a dig into Express.

And you're no better.

Hey Jackass. First off, this is undeniably a tragedy, and I also share my condolences with the family. I've had a co-worker die in an accident, and it is not only incredibly sad, but it scares the crap out of you because it could easily be you.

Second, what Route66 says is absolutely true. They will probably blame this driver for "not being aware of his surroundings" or "not anticipating the hazard". Never mind that the van driver was probably extremely drunk, high, or suffered some sort of medical emergency. This is the way FedEx operates my friend, like it or not.

Not too long ago, someone posted a link showing the number of FedEx lawyers who had shown-up to defend the company in an accident where an Express driver had run over and killed a motorcyclist. It's all about not paying and diminishing liability, with no concern at all for the grieving family or the offending driver.

I've had several co-workers over the years fired on-the-spot for accidents that were clearly not their fault. FedEx eliminates them to reduce liability, and if they want their jobs back, they have to hire a lawyer and take the company to court, even though they weren't at-fault.

I'm sorry for this man and his family. I hope that FedEx (this was not an Express driver, but a contracted employee) does the right thing, but they won't.

If you get killed on the job, they'll blame you if they can, and then retire your route number to a spot on the warehouse wall.

On the flip side....imagine being the co-worker he was doing a favor for?

vantexan

I seem to recall in training they tell us to work out of our curb side door instead of the back. For practical reasons that's not always possible to do. But why don't we leave this alone, not look for a chance to take a shot at FedEx? Out of respect?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're so full of crap. You use everything posted on here as a chance to take a dig at FedEx. Who gives a crap what's been posted, what Express would do, how many lawyers show up, etc etc etc. You know damn well how to start threads digging into FedEx. Go start another one. Leave this one alone. ***Deleted the rest before a permaban***

At least there's one person that agrees with me.

Jackal,

I respect the driver. I do not respect the company because they do not respect him, or anyone else. I was simply agreeing with Route66 said, which is absolutely true. You are simply a number, and nothing more.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
okay, no intent to ruffle any feathers here. In retrospect I suppose I should have refrained from the editorial comment. The axe I have to grind is with Fred and Co. - not any member of this forum.

Again, I'm sorry for what happened to this poor guy who was out doing nothing more than trying to provide for his family - something I think we can all empathise with. My sympathies go out to them.

bbsam

Staff member
Jackal,

I respect the driver. I do not respect the company because they do not respect him, or anyone else. I was simply agreeing with Route66 said, which is absolutely true. You are simply a number, and nothing more.
so, just to be clear, all a Ground driver has to do to earn your respect is die? Very generous of you.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You got that right.

A lot of them are just as big of a menace on public streets as a teenager with only a driver's permit.

Ever notice how many of them are involved in incidents where the vehicle goes crashing through or into the buliding? Like 95% maybe?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
so, just to be clear, all a Ground driver has to do to earn your respect is die? Very generous of you.

Dumb comment on your part. I respect the person, not their organization. Sorry you cannot make the distinction. Like I said, to FedEx you are a number on a spreadsheet...nothing more.

bbsam

Staff member
You have made known on numerous occasions that you have no respect for the drivers or the company. You know? The Ground drivers with all their piercings and tats. When have you ever shown any respect for them whatsoever? You haven't.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You have made known on numerous occasions that you have no respect for the drivers or the company. You know? The Ground drivers with all their piercings and tats. When have you ever shown any respect for them whatsoever? You haven't.

They are still people, as in human beings, not an asset number. I do not respect the company or the job they do for the company.