FedEx Driver Killed in Crash

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by jack584, Feb 23, 2013.

1. jack584

jack584 New Member

2. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

We put ourselves in more of a risk out there than this company will ever admit.

My condolences to the family of the Home Delivery driver.
  3. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

"Married father of three..."

4. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

Very tragic...sympathies to the man's family

At least it wasn't an Express courier or he would've been hit with a preventable (posthumously) for not staying fully aware of his surroundings at all times and ready to take appropriate evasive action. They would have sent his warning letter to his wife to obtain his signature by proxy.
  5. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

6. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

You are an ass. You can't just leave a tragedy thread alone. There just HAS to be a dig into Express.
    And you're no better.

On the flip side....imagine being the co-worker he was doing a favor for?
  7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

My prayers to the family.
  8. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

So many elderly people should not be allowed to drive. I hope this was not alcohol related.

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to everyone involved.
  9. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

10. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

I seem to recall in training they tell us to work out of our curb side door instead of the back. For practical reasons that's not always possible to do. But why don't we leave this alone, not look for a chance to take a shot at FedEx? Out of respect?
  11. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

You got that right.

A lot of them are just as big of a menace on public streets as a teenager with only a driver's permit.
  12. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

13. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

At least there's one person that agrees with me.
  14. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I respect the driver. I do not respect the company because they do not respect him, or anyone else. I was simply agreeing with Route66 said, which is absolutely true. You are simply a number, and nothing more.
  15. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

okay, no intent to ruffle any feathers here. In retrospect I suppose I should have refrained from the editorial comment. The axe I have to grind is with Fred and Co. - not any member of this forum.

Again, I'm sorry for what happened to this poor guy who was out doing nothing more than trying to provide for his family - something I think we can all empathise with. My sympathies go out to them.
  16. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

so, just to be clear, all a Ground driver has to do to earn your respect is die? Very generous of you.

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Ever notice how many of them are involved in incidents where the vehicle goes crashing through or into the buliding? Like 95% maybe?
  18. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Dumb comment on your part. I respect the person, not their organization. Sorry you cannot make the distinction. Like I said, to FedEx you are a number on a spreadsheet...nothing more.
  19. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

You have made known on numerous occasions that you have no respect for the drivers or the company. You know? The Ground drivers with all their piercings and tats. When have you ever shown any respect for them whatsoever? You haven't.
  20. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

They are still people, as in human beings, not an asset number. I do not respect the company or the job they do for the company.