FedEx driver owed workers' comp for PTSD, cardiac event - Conn. Supreme Court

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hey Dano, which one of these was my fault?

Just because you have the time and desire to type up a post that's three times as long as it needs to be in order to make a point doesn't mean that I have the time or desire to read it. Really, I appreciate that you can turn even the simplest of statements into interminable snooze-fests, but no thanks.

bacha29

Denial, sorry I mean Dano 59 reminds me of the later radio news commentator Paul Harvey. Despite overwhelming evidence of his direct involvement in all aspects of the Watergate scandal Harvey in his daily radio broadcasts defended Nixon proclaiming his innocence right up to and including his broadcast on the day Nixon resigned. Denial, oops I'll get it right just give me time, is identical to Harvey with regard to his defense of his beloved company.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Really, I appreciate that you can turn even the simplest of statements into interminable snooze-fests, but no thanks.
Then why do you bother to read them?

See, you're talking out of your ass again. Just doing what you do best.

vantexan

Just because you have the time and desire to type up a post that's three times as long as it needs to be in order to make a point doesn't mean that I have the time or desire to read it. Really, I appreciate that you can turn even the simplest of statements into interminable snooze-fests, but no thanks.
Oh you read it and you have no answer for bad behavior that the company sweeps under the rug if they can avoid litigation. Just admit it, you're just one of many thugs that spin everything into a smiley face rather than just doing the right thing, which will cost the company more, and we can't have that.

59 Dano

Oh you read it and you have no answer for bad behavior that the company sweeps under the rug if they can avoid litigation. Just admit it, you're just one of many thugs that spin everything into a smiley face rather than just doing the right thing, which will cost the company more, and we can't have that.

No, I just don't have that much of an interest in reading about your life. A manager somewhere did something he wasn't supposed to do. Yeah, I get it and I got it the first hundred times you rambled on and on and on and on and on about it.

bacha29

Denial. we all know that you will defend that company right up to it's end or your final breath, whichever comes first. General Custer took a lot of your kind with him to the Little Big Horn and look at how they were rewarded especially the part about being scalped.

bacha29

Denial you staunchly defended your beloved company wrongly believing that it would be all that it would take to put us in our places. It's like circling your wagons but failing to remember that the Indians knew a thing or two about fire.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Denial you staunchly defended your beloved company wrongly believing that it would be all that it would take to put us in our places. It's like circling your wagons but failing to remember that the Indians knew a thing or two about fire.
The thing is, everyone defends FedEx until the day comes that they are screwed over by Fedex. Fortunately for Dano, his day hasn't come........yet. I've seen it happen WAY too many times in all my years at Fedex (myself included).

59 Dano

Denial you staunchly defended your beloved company wrongly believing that it would be all that it would take to put us in our places.

Is it your goal in life to be this ignorant and uninformed or just the way things happened to work out?

59 Dano

The thing is, everyone defends FedEx until the day comes that they are screwed over by Fedex. Fortunately for Dano, his day hasn't come........yet.

Oh, I've been screwed by them and screwed worse than anything I've read others post about here.

It needs to be put into the proper perspective. I don't have much of an issue with the company, outside of the fact that Express tolerates too many slow, unproductive couriers at the expense of everyone else. I do take serious issue with the people involved. It was a disaster, it was poorly conceived, and it was mishandled at every point from start to finish and I lost most of (and in some cases, all of) the respect for the people involved. The company? Not bad. Those people in particular? Their actions were inexcusable and I like to bring that up every now and then to the appropriate people.

I can differentiate the actions of a few from the overall operation of the company when that's the case.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh, I've been screwed by them and screwed worse than anything I've read others post about here.

It needs to be put into the proper perspective. I don't have much of an issue with the company, outside of the fact that Express tolerates too many slow, unproductive couriers at the expense of everyone else. I do take serious issue with the people involved. It was a disaster, it was poorly conceived, and it was mishandled at every point from start to finish and I lost most of (and in some cases, all of) the respect for the people involved. The company? Not bad. Those people in particular? Their actions were inexcusable and I like to bring that up every now and then to the appropriate people.

I can differentiate the actions of a few from the overall operation of the company when that's the case.
Unfortunately, all my screwing was done by Fedex policies.

It will be fine

This ignores the systemic flaws of the corporate culture created at Fedex. People are put at the bottom of the priority list behind profit. Individuals are disposable. Safety is only important if it doesn't compromise profitability. This mindset is clear in most members of the management staff. In all my years I've only met a handful that seem to actually give a crap about the people doing the actual work of delivery. Most are just concerned about their numbers. It's a sickness that stems from the top down through the entire corporation.

bacha29

The company has a cancer. IWBF I just hope that you and other honorable people like yourself can soon get out under favorable terms. As I said earlier contractors were in the eyes of X were making too much money and they have set out to make things right in their minds. Therefore I think the objective will be to determine as closely as possible when the right time to get out will come. Better to leave too early than too late

59 Dano

Unfortunately, all my screwing was done by Fedex policies.

There are plenty of policies that I don't like, but I can't say I've been screwed by any of them. Now, if they dusted one off that they had ignored for years and suddenly decided to enforce it, that's a different story.

59 Dano

This ignores the systemic flaws of the corporate culture created at Fedex. People are put at the bottom of the priority list behind profit. Individuals are disposable. Safety is only important if it doesn't compromise profitability. This mindset is clear in most members of the management staff. In all my years I've only met a handful that seem to actually give a crap about the people doing the actual work of delivery. Most are just concerned about their numbers. It's a sickness that stems from the top down through the entire corporation.

Yet, couriers are still not punished for horrible service or productivity levels... so there goes the theory that people are disposable. A manager with a poor safety record will get his rear end BLISTERED, if not fired depending on the circumstances.