FedEx Express and TNT Express

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Apparently UPS cannot buy TNT unless they unload the Express portion onto someone else, namely FedEx. So far, FedEx "isn't interested", but you can guarantee Fred will be foaming at the mouth if the price drops low enough. Here's the deal. WE ARE GOING BROKE!! FRED IS PENNILESS!! Oh, the humanity!!

Just more evidence that FedEx Express is viable, profitable, and looking to expand operations in Europe.

OR, you are being led down the Purple Primrose Path of LIES.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If Fred can get it for "pennies on the dollar" it would be a wise investment.

If they're union, they will be pressured to de-certify. Sounds like UPS can't own the whole TNT operation, but the article I saw was just a snippet. Might be similar to our rule that a foreign corporation can only hold 49% of ownership. My point is that even though Express is supposedly a terminal case, we're still expanding.

TUT

Wow I would take all the Express vs TNT. You would own an entire segment where LTL there are 1000's of competitors, all will lower overhead.

jmeti000

If they're union, they will be pressured to de-certify. Sounds like UPS can't own the whole TNT operation, but the article I saw was just a snippet. Might be similar to our rule that a foreign corporation can only hold 49% of ownership. My point is that even though Express is supposedly a terminal case, we're still expanding.

They might be pressured but if they are smart they wont. Correct me if im wrong, but FedEx over in Europe is actually unionized, or so Ive heard.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They might be pressured but if they are smart they wont. Correct me if im wrong, but FedEx over in Europe is actually unionized, or so Ive heard.

Don't know which countries are union, but I know Smith tried to kill the French union a few years ago.