FedEx Express Can't Get The Job Done

TUT

Like I've said before, you don't work here, so you don't know. It's always been kind of an organized panic to get everything done and done right. However, the incentive for employees to care enough to accomplish success at Express has largely gone away, and that's a big deal. It doesn't take much to screw the whole deal up, and it's happening a lot, whether you say so or not.

I see the shuttles and CTVs not making aircraft, and the missed pickups and uncovered routes...you don't.

But you cannot speak for the nation and how performance is at the bottom line. I can see better then you, you only have micro-vision on the whole operation. Internally is it a mess? Perhaps, but it's not coming out at the bottom line for shipper/recipients. But I've worked at a couple places, heard of many others where the hourlies were always a bit dramatic and worried about any unknown. Why is this time any different? Just get through your re-org and settle.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But you cannot speak for the nation and how performance is at the bottom line. I can see better then you, you only have micro-vision on the whole operation. Internally is it a mess? Perhaps, but it's not coming out at the bottom line for shipper/recipients. But I've worked at a couple places, heard of many others where the hourlies were always a bit dramatic and worried about any unknown. Why is this time any different? Just get through your re-org and settle.

I think we have a fairly widespread sampling of the nation on this forum, and I can definitely say that the operational problems are system-wide right now. This goes beyond the average re-org because they are shifting services to another FedEx opco, plus they are abusing the living daylights out of employees. If you were in our shoes, you'd understand just how bad it's getting.

DONE

It's morons like me that keep you Kool-Aid addicts in-check. Go ahead, be an idiot and let them suck you dry. Then, you'll ask for another beating. You sound like a "perfect" employee...clueless.
good grief is an idiot rookie, don't worry junior, after a few years, or at this point weeks, the purple cool aide is not so tasty

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It is totally AFU, and QDM (Quit Doing Meth) is out the door. They may pay lip service to it, but you are totally right about the place being in a panic, and you can only stretch a rubber band so far before it breaks. We have had a huge jump in the accident rate in our district, and an equally huge jump in the kinds of problems I've been talking about. Late CTVs, missed PUPS, injuries etc. You cannot push people this hard and not expect there to be problems. Apparently, FedEx has never heard of "cause and effect", which is simply amazing.For example, when we ask management about the much higher accident rates, they go into denial mode and say it's because couriers use "unsafe methods". The same goes for the increased injury rates, which are due to "unsafe acts". This is like a heroin addict in denial that they have a major problem. As always, it's our fault, and forcing people to drive like madmen has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Luckily, we haven't had any major accidents, just relatively minor ones..so far.It's a cluster.
Our managers blew off QDM. Never one meeting for it at our station, so in essence it never came IN the door. As far as any given station having a good safety record, it's just because they were :censored2: lucky. And with the chaotic approach management shoves down our throats any streak of safety won't last long.

DontThrowPackages

I think we have a fairly widespread sampling of the nation on this forum, and I can definitely say that the operational problems are system-wide right now. This goes beyond the average re-org because they are shifting services to another FedEx opco, plus they are abusing the living daylights out of employees. If you were in our shoes, you'd understand just how bad it's getting.
I can say, our station is way below normal volume. Our SM lets us know where all the stations stand in the district and it aint strawberries and cream. EX volume is down in all of the stations per our SM. We've chopped up rtes, done away with OT and are barely making our Station goals. but at least we are making them. Our SM will point out we where the only station to accomplish A or B or C. So maybe, TUT, things are great as you ship the same amount of volume to China or Brazil or even India but Domestically things are down, way down.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I can say, our station is way below normal volume. Our SM lets us know where all the stations stand in the district and it aint strawberries and cream. EX volume is down in all of the stations per our SM. We've chopped up rtes, done away with OT and are barely making our Station goals. but at least we are making them. Our SM will point out we where the only station to accomplish A or B or C. So maybe, TUT, things are great as you ship the same amount of volume to China or Brazil or even India but Domestically things are down, way down.

Se, that's funny. My senior cries the same song, "volume is down, stops are down but you have to keep up your SPH!! The Brown coats are coming!! The Brown coats are coming!!" Oddly enough, most every loop in my building is going out daily over "capacity" and all the bulk trucks are full. We even got 4 new big trucks because of it. But our volume is down. BULLS^&T killa.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Se, that's funny. My senior cries the same song, "volume is down, stops are down but you have to keep up your SPH!! The Brown coats are coming!! The Brown coats are coming!!" Oddly enough, most every loop in my building is going out daily over "capacity" and all the bulk trucks are full. We even got 4 new big trucks because of it. But our volume is down. BULLS^&T killa.

Me thinketh something doth smell badly.

DontThrowPackages

Again I was only going off what my SM told us about our STA and the District. I do see less freight. But if we're the only one's then I have questions. So are you saying our SM's are lying to us about volume dropping? I mean why would they say it if it wasn't true? Im sure they're only reading what was given to them by higher ups and THEY are the ones that want us to know this information. Its almost like they're building in an excuse/justification for why they need to take away XS and give it to green :surprised:. Damn! I think I just answered my own question. You guys just aren't profitable enough, we'll be given some of the load to Green to stream line EX and get things back on track.
IF TUT and Cactus are right, we're all being feed a load.

TUT

IF TUT and Cactus are right, we're all being feed a load.

To be clear, I'm not talking overall volumes at Express. I don't know that, wouldn't be surprised if they were down, market trends point to Express service being less in demand due to better logistic plans by shippers. I will say at this time, overall service doesn't seem to be affected, bout the same as it has been for years. Could that change? Depends on how the hourlies react and what happens. I believe there is the official announcement coming from Fedex in a couple of weeks.

Goldilocks

FedEx Corporation: NYSE:FDX quotes & news - Google Finance#

No way you can see it better than us. We do read! And we are right in the middle of everything.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am talking delivery satisfaction for both shipper and customer. It is still high and nothing has noticeably changed from my end to all corners of the US.

I wish you could see the Barnum & Bailey "circus" from inside the tent.