Fedex Express Courier Driver Requirments

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by fedex123, Aug 17, 2014.

1. fedex123

fedex123 New Member

Do you have to have a CDL of any class or have any endorsements to be a courier at Fedex Express? Im referring to driving a Sprinter, W700, or W900 trucks. If so what class CDL or what endorsements will be needed? Thanks
  2. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

No for a Sprinter or a 700. Not sure about a 900. If you are a cover or swing driver you need a CDL with Class C (haz mat) endorsement.
  3. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

no for all trucks. Most new swings dont even require a haz endorsement anymore.
  4. musicfrk2002

musicfrk2002 New Member

Depends on your state licensing requirements, based on the vehicle's GVWR...

I know in Illinois you need a Class C license to operate a w900, but all the smaller trucks are just a regular passenger license
  5. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Apparently just a Pulse now is the only requirement...

Otherwise a regular DL is all you need.(cept as mentioned some states may vary)
  6. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Don't be alarmed when they place a mirror under your nose. Just part of the vetting process.
  7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

8. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

here it's a pulse, a DL, and pass DOT physical
  9. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure how some of these guys pass DOT physicals, most of the old timers are hobbling around with bad knees, high blood pressure, and diabetes... just to name a few ailments I've seen. We have 3 crrs that each tip the scales at over 300lbs... not to say they can't do the job, but it's not a healthy 300lbs