Fedex Express job?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by DarthGroot, Apr 16, 2015.

1. DarthGroot

DarthGroot New Member

I have an interview for a Fedex Express job, I currently am a Sub at the USPS. Can anyone tell me about this job and if you can achieve a full time position?

2. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

Your question could be answered more directly if you would have bothered to tell us exactly what FedEx Express "job" you're interviewing for - courier?, handler?, customer service agent?, CEO?.....be more specific please

Yes, you can achieve a full time position.....but the question for you would be - why?

3. DarthGroot

DarthGroot New Member

It's Express Courier, and because I work every Saturday and Sunday and constantly on-call. Some months I work 8 days.. another I work 20.

4. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

I'll let the couriers here chime in then. It's been many years since I've had the pleasure. I'm assuming you've perused through some of the previous pages of this forum(?)

The best advice I can give to you if you are "fortunate" enough to land the position is to make certain you have an ample supply of anal lube on hand at all times.

Good luck.

5. TheKid99

TheKid99 Active Member

Stay at USPS apply for CCA if you're an RCA

I worked at all three USPS, FedEx and UPS (currently at UPS) and USPS is the best company I've worked for so far.

6. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Well first off are you bring hired part time? If so are you being hired part time am or pm?

You can pretty much get full time hours at most stations if you want them, but keep in mind that means coming back for the unload and reload at night and working Saturdays

If you're looking for a full time route that could come up in 2 months or 5 years really depends on the average age of the couriers at your station

7. DarthGroot

DarthGroot New Member

The schedule they told me is 6am-1 pm M-S with a day off during the week.

8. Serf

Serf Active Member

Honest opinion, the only reason why I say go Express is because you said you are coming from the Postal Service. The USPS is sinking. I feel bad for all these temps I see as letter carriers in civilian clothes, thinking in a year or two the Post Office is going to hire them full time perm status. If anything, take the Express job, you can usually get more hours if you want. And apply for AMAZON jobs!;)

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Amazon is a glorified sweatshop.

10. Serf

Serf Active Member

Correct. But Handlers at the Ramp are bailing Express because most of their warehouse positions are 15$ an hour, FT, and better benefits.

11. Mfav24

Mfav24 New Member

I just passed up a courier job at the fedex express near me. I feel like I made a big mistake

12. DarthGroot

DarthGroot New Member

why do you feel that way?

13. Mfav24

Mfav24 New Member

Because it seems like it's a good job and could end up being a decent gig. I know a lot of people say it's not but I don't know. I signed up for cdl classes instead.

14. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

I've been at FedEx a long time. It USED to be a great gig. Now, it's just a job.

When you get your CDL with all the endorsements, you will find that it's like having a "golden ticket". CDL holders are in high demand. You will find that you made the right choice. Good luck to you.

15. Mfav24

Mfav24 New Member

Thank you I appreciate it. I'm just hoping I can find a good gig that I will have a normal life with normals hours and hopefully a m-f

16. Purplepackage

I wouldn't be surprised if that changes when you're hired and you end up working Saturdays.

Of course that a super easy day at least at my station, we usually have 9 people working take out maybe 20 stops and in before 12:30 for me when I wokr

17. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

The transportation industry is not for you if you're looking for normal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Purplepackage

If you're younger than 25 Id highly suggest looking into the military

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Wait a few days----there will be another opening.

20. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

What a perfect answer for this guy...right on the money. Even the best transportation jobs have strange hours, long days, and weekends, especially if you are new. If he goes to a union company he'll probably be on the extra board, and almost everywhere, he'll be some sort of cover driver. You make your real money on OT.

Mike Fava. You need to talk to people who already are doing the job. Every one of them will attest to what SPH said. If you're looking for normal, you're in the wrong industry.