Fedex Express Non-DOT policy

Joe Fish

Hi folks. I was hired a few months ago at Fedex express under the title permanent part time courier/handler. The questions that I have pertains to drug testing. The reason I'm asking this question is because I may have been exposed to 2nd hand mj smoke at a concert. Anyways. Does fedex express random test non-dot courier/handlers? I've read around on here, and can not find a clear answer. Seems like the consensus is that DOT, cdl, swing drivers get the randoms. My other question is are the drug test at express standard 5-panel? Or are they the extended panel test?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hi folks. I was hired a few months ago at Fedex express under the title permanent part time courier/handler. The questions that I have pertains to drug testing. The reason I'm asking this question is because I may have been exposed to 2nd hand mj smoke at a concert. Anyways. Does fedex express random test non-dot courier/handlers? I've read around on here, and can not find a clear answer. Seems like the consensus is that DOT, cdl, swing drivers get the randoms. My other question is are the drug test at express standard 5-panel? Or are they the extended panel test?
No, they do not random drug test non-DOT couriers/handlers normally. They MIGHT for reasonable cause or depending on accident or injury.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Second hand smoke at a concert? And you are asking about five panel or extended panel drug tests?
I guess those needle marks between your toes just happened because your were walking on the beach

Joe Fish

Supposed to be policy, but everyone knows enforcement of policy varies by station. Lol.
Hmm. If it's policy I'll be sure to throw the people's manual at them. It mentions something about it in the handbook but it's hard to understand the wording. I guess that's why they don't give out people's manuals at my station. I'll need to get me one

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hmm. If it's policy I'll be sure to throw the people's manual at them. It mentions something about it in the handbook but it's hard to understand the wording. I guess that's why they don't give out people's manuals at my station. I'll need to get me one
The People Manual isn't something you can "get". It's on the computer and only accessible at work.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you think the handbook is hard to understand, wait til you look at Policy. It's intentionally vague and confusing.

Joe Fish

If you think the handbook is hard to understand, wait til you look at Policy. It's intentionally vague and confusing.
Ah gotcha. What I meant by the handbook is that it is too vague. Not much in depth. All it says pertaining to my question is "random, suspicion, pre-employment, and return to duty tests can be given to dot, faa, and fmcsa. Those not included may be tested under those same circumstances, except random. I'm not dot or faa. What exactly is fmcsa?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ah gotcha. What I meant by the handbook is that it is too vague. Not much in depth. All it says pertaining to my question is "random, suspicion, pre-employment, and return to duty tests can be given to dot, faa, and fmcsa. Those not included may be tested under those same circumstances, except random. I'm not dot or faa. What exactly is fmcsa?

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. RTD's (tractor trailer drivers) fall under them as well as DOT.