FedEx express swing courier. New hire.

overflowed

If you're in any decent sized city, your ideas of working 8 hours a day are misguided. You most likely will work more like ten maybe more depending on how much turnover. Considering they had to hire off the street answers this question.

BigWork13

If you're in any decent sized city, your ideas of working 8 hours a day are misguided. You most likely will work more like ten maybe more depending on how much turnover. Considering they had to hire off the street answers this question.
I fine with that. I would perfer that. The more hours I work the more money I will make.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Maybe you should go :censored2: yourself. Sorry I'm trying to respond quick and I mistyped I instead of I'm.

I see you've met Dave. Welcome to BC!

He only has a big head because he works in the BOG and makes almost twice what you are going to make a year in about 9-10 months.

Believe it or not, he actually does have his likeable moments.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Yeah Dave. Just because you have an adorable grandkid...

Ah, nevermind. I extend my late congratulations, she is freaking adorable sir.

Sjvqwup.gif

FedexCares

What is so miserable?
In my opinion, it really does take a certain personality to work as a swing for any length of time. It takes someone that knows how to let all the negativity you will encounter at Fedex, especially from management, go in one ear and out the other. Some people are better at this then others. You will be seeing a new area almost daily, and many times will have no idea how to even get to said area. After a few weeks, management will be on your a** about late P1s and such, and they will not care if you haven't seen the route before. They will start to expect miracles. Some people totally thrive under stressful situations such as this, and others really let it get to them and get very stressed out. If you think you might be the latter, then I would stay the hell away from this swing position.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What is so miserable?

Being a swing or a float sucks especially hard when you are new. Try it and see if I speak the truth or have a forked tongue. Trust me, you want to get off swing ASAP, and since turnover is huge, you'll probably get the chance.

Take a close look at your commitment letter.

Slick silver

I remember my first day out as a swing, man I thought I was never going to get done. So many lates, delivering in the dark. If you are truly going to go through with it, my recommendation is just keep your cool and don't worry to much about management. When I started and took a swing position, I was so worried that I was going to be fired since I was failing a lot and having bad numbers. Now I don't even worry about it since Memphis can't even get it right with the late flights and everything. The first chance you get to get out of the position the better. Either it be another job or bidding on the crappiest route that comes open that no one wants when you 12 or so months are up with commitment letter. Also whenever you can if they schedule on a pm route, consider like a vacation week. That's how I get through some of my weeks now. Especially after working weeks were im about 55 plus hours. Pm routes at my station are easy as hell and you don't even work the minimum and still get 35 hrs for the week. Good luck to you, because like everyone says express is in a bad place right now and with the turnover and call offs, being a swing can mentally drain you real quick.