FedEx Express truck possibly runs over child

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Happened in Atlanta on Tuesday 12/11/2012.

Child struck, killed by delivery truck in DeKalb County - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -A child has died after being struck by a FedEx truck in DeKalb County on Tuesday afternoon. A news helicopter was over the scene in a gated apartment complex on Kensington Road in Decatur.
DeKalb County Police Department spokesperson Mekka Parish confirmed that the child died.
A witness said that it appeared that the child had just returned from school.

No other details about the incident were immediately known.

RTURNSONLY

"FedEx Premium truck"? I thought all Fedex's trucks were premium. Premium trucks at a premium company.

All kidding aside, what the hell is a "premium truck"? :surprised:

bbsam

Staff member
I wasn't going to point it out because it is way, way, beside the horrible point, but I think it means "Express".

Schlepper

Kinda local to me. Investigation is ongoing, they're not sure if it was the FX truck or another car at the intersection that did it. Apartment complexes are minefields. Kids riding bikes everywhere with little to no regard for traffic. Everyone here is under the gun this time of year, but should never get lax behind the wheel or try to run and gun in an area like this. I killed a dog a couple months ago, that was bad enough. I can't imagine something like this.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Kinda local to me. Investigation is ongoing, they're not sure if it was the FX truck or another car at the intersection that did it. Apartment complexes are minefields. Kids riding bikes everywhere with little to no regard for traffic. Everyone here is under the gun this time of year, but should never get lax behind the wheel or try to run and gun in an area like this. I killed a dog a couple months ago, that was bad enough. I can't imagine something like this.

News team is changing their story now to it is possible the FedEx truck was involved.

"At this point, our investigators are still trying to determine exactly what transpired -- how that collision occurred. If it in fact was that Fed Ex truck or possibly another car," Parish said.

Authorities said that the FedEx driver remained at the scene. Police took the truck away for further investigation.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
The five-year old was the eight-year olds brother. I know the 15 year courier personally. Of course, we aren't supposed to talk amongst ourselves, right? Pray for this courier, the victim and the family and be safe out there always!

RTURNSONLY

This is a Dec 13th update on this accident. The boy's family blames the courier, while Fedex says they are cooperating with the police.

The family's attorney said: "When the truck driver finally was stopped by all of the neighbors who came from their various homes, he got out the truck and said he was lost, he didn't know where he was going and didn't realize he had hit anyone."

Sad, sad story... Family of boy struck and killed say FedEx driver to blame - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

hypo hanna

So very sad. I hope the driver wasn't responsible and they are only blaming him to sue the large corporation. I can't imagine having to live with that on my conscience and over some stupid package.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
they are only blaming him to sue the large corporation.
They said the eye witness accounts were conflicting.
Do you think for a minute that after "the truck driver finally was stopped by all of the neighbors who came from their various homes," and the police show up, start their investigation, that if the driver were even remotely responsible, that they'd let him go? I highly doubt it. Even the news broadcasters keep saying "was hit and killed by a vehicle".