fedex flat rate

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not digging deep here, but it is stated above that 3 Day Fedex OneRate is $13.75 for a 20 lb large box.

Even if it isn't equal, there is a huge difference between Retail Rates normally and USPS. With One Rate looking at some #'s here, that gap is greatly reduced.

XS is 3 days...maybe. Priority Mail Flat Rate is overnight if it's close, and usually 2 days, not 3. No fuel surcharges or other FedEx hocus-pocus to boost the bottom line either. With Fred, one has to wonder if "flat rate" means it's exempt from his extra charges for residential delivery etc.

FedExRookie

XS is 3 days...maybe. Priority Mail Flat Rate is overnight if it's close, and usually 2 days, not 3. No fuel surcharges or other FedEx hocus-pocus to boost the bottom line either. With Fred, one has to wonder if "flat rate" means it's exempt from his extra charges for residential delivery etc.

10 seconds using google

From the FedEx Site

"FedEx One Rate pricing includes any applicable fuel, residential and delivery area surcharges. It was developed to provide our customers with predictable, convenient and economical pricing coupled with the same reliable delivery they expect from FedEx. There are additional value-added services, such as signature services and additional declared value over $100, which customers can add for an additional charge."

MAKAVELI

Not digging deep here, but it is stated above that 3 Day Fedex OneRate is $13.75 for a 20 lb large box.

Even if it isn't equal, there is a huge difference between Retail Rates normally and USPS. With One Rate looking at some #'s here, that gap is greatly reduced.
Depends on the zone. FedEx has divided the US into I believe 3 zones with different rates. So it really isn't a true flat rate as usps is.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
10 seconds using google

From the FedEx Site

"FedEx One Rate pricing includes any applicable fuel, residential and delivery area surcharges. It was developed to provide our customers with predictable, convenient and economical pricing coupled with the same reliable delivery they expect from FedEx. There are additional value-added services, such as signature services and additional declared value over $100, which customers can add for an additional charge."
More late freight.

FedExRookie

Depends on the zone. FedEx has divided the US into I believe 3 zones with different rates. So it really isn't a true flat rate as usps is.

Maybe you worded it wrong or you just don't get it?

There ARE three zones, but it's not split in a similar fashion as time zones. It's set in 3 zones based on miles.

i.e.

Zone 1: 0-100 miles
Zone 2: 101 - 200 miles
Zone 3: 201 1300 miles

Those aren't the zones, I don't remember the exact range for each one, just putting an example out there.

SmithBarney

There ARE three zones, but it's not split in a similar fashion as time zones. It's set in 3 zones based on miles.

i.e.

Those aren't the zones, I don't remember the exact range for each one, just putting an example out there.

So since a majority of packages fly to MEMH first... they'll all be zone 3 based on miles traveled... FedEx is so sneaky...(Kidding)
And again why would anyone use express for anything within 200 miles, Ground will get it there in the same time cheaper... in most cases.

MAKAVELI

i.e.

I get it. I don't think you got my point. Each zone has a different rate compared to usps doesn't have zones( one flat rate ). Got it?

FedExRookie

So since a majority of packages fly to MEMH first... they'll all be zone 3 based on miles traveled... FedEx is so sneaky...(Kidding)
And again why would anyone use express for anything within 200 miles, Ground will get it there in the same time cheaper... in most cases.

Because of the 'FedEx' name. Also, don't worry about that, CSAs push ground if the recipient doesn't want it overnight. They started pushing it 8 to 12 months ago

whenIgetthere

Because of the 'FedEx' name. Also, don't worry about that, CSAs push ground if the recipient doesn't want it overnight. They started pushing it 8 to 12 months ago

I've seen that while picking up at Kinko's for years. Customer asks how much it will cost overnight, and after they pick their jaws up off the floor, the Kinko's employees then read them the ground rates.

morgan

I asked our sales person who tracks leads and she had no idea what the actual flat rate price is. the answer was it depends on many factors. just yet another marketing scam by a large company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I asked our sales person who tracks leads and she had no idea what the actual flat rate price is. the answer was it depends on many factors. just yet another marketing scam by a large company.

Yes. Translation: It isn't really a true Flat Rate.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
it's sorta a curvy, hilly flat rate with various peaks and valleys thrown in here and there all along the way. It's really quite simple

CJinx

As well they should; it is cheaper for the customer and more of the money is profit, a win for all parties involved.