Fedex freight city driver life??Pay? Hours?

JohnE1224

So i have been driving for 5 years, the company i work for the work is nice and easy and pay is " ok " at best, benefits blow,schedule is mostly overnight with split days off, etc etc, I applied for ups and fedex but the one that called me back was Fedex freight, for a city driver position, Went to the interview and im guessing it went well since i am now scheduled for a road test, I am very interested in this Job since the plant works Monday-through friday which means i can actually have a home life, it is a full time position but they tell me the hours are "not guaranteed, and my schedule to start is Flexible hours" as needed" which I dont mind since my current Job I have a 5 hour time window which means i go in at a different time everyday. My question is how long will it take to move up to a more steady schedule? And for the most part will I be getting at least 40 hours a week? The starting rate is 25.50 an hour and goes up a dollar after a year,which is more money than I make now, also what does "Dock working" consist of? I am not asking because Im afraid of physical work or anything, I worked at sysco before and the physical work didnt bother me at all, I just want to know what I am getting myself into, Thanks for any helpful info.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I did ask, if i didn't like what he said i wouldn't be considering the job, it doesn't kill to ask employees experience smart butt.

Would you go to McDonald's and ask them what it's like to be a school teacher?

Maybe you should seek out FedEx freight employees, not UPS (mostly package car drivers)

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Well we don't get that big money like you fancy pants do

Lol. Well played sir.

EurZO08.jpg

dragracer66

I came into a UPS Forum because I noticed theres a whole lot of people in here working for FedEx you Bafoon
WHAT????? You come here ask for advice then bash people. What do you expect? The only thing we know about Fed Ex pay and benefits is they both suck and will never be close to us. Do you go to Wendys and ask for a Whopper? Get lost no balls!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
@JohnE1224, try the fedex forums.

You might get a little help there.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/forums/fedex-discussions.50/

Freight City Driver pays less than Express RTD but tops out much faster. Same crap benefits. Line drivers do better, but same benefit package.

Freight is under NLRA, so the drivers get better treatment since they can organize more easily. Mostly decent equipment, but they're still running ex-Viking KWs that are at least 20 years old locally.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
search the fedex discussion here for a couple days. after that don't be surprised on having suicidal thoughts.

we are here to help you through that.