Fedex Ground 2nd van driver Question

gixxer squid

Very informative thanks for all your help. But I still do believe that Fedex Ground is a SCAM and butts in way to much and has absolutely no respect for Ground Contractors or 2nd van drivers .
Finally someone that gets what I am talking about fedex shouldn't have any right at all to tell you who you can hire and fire , bottom line it is your truck and your business the 2nd van driver works for you not FedEx period the handbook should have the rules of your company and the way you want your driver to follow not FedEx .. The FedEx Dictator Handbook...

Oh I get it. I had a battle with my other two but they are so scared of standing up for whats right and so afraid of getting put on managements "radar" that they rolled over. Needless to say I had to drive for 5 weeks, putting my real job on hold because of this decision. This independent contractor crap is hog wash. I seriously doubt it will be much different with the ISP rolling out in a few months as well.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh I get it. I had a battle with my other two but they are so scared of standing up for whats right and so afraid of getting put on managements "radar" that they rolled over. Needless to say I had to drive for 5 weeks, putting my real job on hold because of this decision. This independent contractor crap is hog wash. I seriously doubt it will be much different with the ISP rolling out in a few months as well.
The fact of the matter is that the entire definition of "independent contractor" and the laws and regulations regarding them need to be reassessed and clarified. Businesses and government don't want that.

kickpackage1

Another co worker of ours was fired also by fedex , this driver was in a accident it was his fault one week later still working there comes in on a Tuesday cause Monday was a Holiday the driver is standing behind his truck waiting to be dispatched in the mean time there is a safety meeting going on in the conference room the Manager that is giving the safety meeting is explaining the accident to everyone and telling everyone this driver had to be let go mean while this guy is standing out by his truck and had no idea he was being let go everyone knew before him...

bbsam

Staff member
Because they are useless that is Why and it was not mandatory that is why .
They aren't useless and my drivers prove it. Worthless means people can't learn. I don't believe that. My drivers went from 7 accidents in one year to 1. That doesn't happen by accident.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Another co worker of ours was fired also by fedex , this driver was in a accident it was his fault one week later still working there comes in on a Tuesday cause Monday was a Holiday the driver is standing behind his truck waiting to be dispatched in the mean time there is a safety meeting going on in the conference room the Manager that is giving the safety meeting is explaining the accident to everyone and telling everyone this driver had to be let go mean while this guy is standing out by his truck and had no idea he was being let go everyone knew before him...
Here, help yourself to a few of these........................... I have plenty of extras...................................................

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They aren't useless and my drivers prove it. Worthless means people can't learn. I don't believe that. My drivers went from 7 accidents in one year to 1. That doesn't happen by accident.
No it doesn't. It's called luck.

gixxer squid

7 accidents in a year , I would like to know how his Contract has not been TERMINATED

He didn't say whether they were 7 "AT FAULT" accidents, just accidents. Also depends on how many trucks you are running. If you run 2 and have 7 accidents, it may be a big deal, you run 10-15 trucks, not so much.

Also, I might add kickpackage, we are all somewhat on the same team otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum. Seems like your taking some of the jokes a bit personal. FWIW. We are all in the same sludge pit :)

kickpackage1

He didn't say whether they were 7 "AT FAULT" accidents, just accidents. Also depends on how many trucks you are running. If you run 2 and have 7 accidents, it may be a big deal, you run 10-15 trucks, not so much.

Also, I might add kickpackage, we are all somewhat on the same team otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum. Seems like your taking some of the jokes a bit personal. FWIW. We are all in the same sludge pit :)
No I am not taking them to personal I do not know about you but I see a lot of these contractors kiss this companies A## and most of them do it because they have a lot to loose and can loose it on any given day and I do not blame them for doing it and you hit it right on the head Sludge Pit

kickpackage1

Why? If it's just luck, good or bad, it's out of the contractor's control, right?
bbsam you have a Merry Christmas Glad you are making good money but also keep in mind the money they are taking from you for no reason . Example RPS never fined contractors for anything, pick ups had a window but never fined RPS gave contractors Christmas eve off and the day after Thanksgiving off Ground totally destroyed what was built by 2 individuals sitting in a hotel room for hours to come up with what was the RPS plan and I do know that times are different now but the disrespect of contractors is disgusting

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam you have a Merry Christmas Glad you are making good money but also keep in mind the money they are taking from you for no reason . Example RPS never fined contractors for anything, pick ups had a window but never fined RPS gave contractors Christmas eve off and the day after Thanksgiving off Ground totally destroyed what was built by 2 individuals sitting in a hotel room for hours to come up with what was the RPS plan and I do know that times are different now but the disrespect of contractors is disgusting
Been with the company since '94. I'm well aware where we've come from.

gixxer squid

No I am not taking them to personal I do not know about you but I see a lot of these contractors kiss this companies A## and most of them do it because they have a lot to loose and can loose it on any given day and I do not blame them for doing it and you hit it right on the head Sludge Pit

Not to defend anyone, but if you have been here or lurked long enough, you pretty much know who the a s s kissers for the company are if you have read through enough threads on various subjects.

We all agree to disagree on certain points from time to time but all pretty much realize that without some sort of representation for us contractors that we are swimming in the sludge pit together until something changes