Fedex Ground Are Fedex Employee's. California 9th Circuit Ruling.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Call Fred at home anytime between midnight to 5AM.

Speak loudly, he's hard of hearing.

His arm starts to shake and he begins to twitch when he has to write really big checks. I'm kind of hoping this decision pushes him over the edge. Gee, maybe I should call him now and see if he's OK.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Control". A vague term that lawmakers refuse to amend and leave to the subjectivity of individual courts. Until that changes, nothing changes.

Right, and now it appears as though the idea of "control" is becoming less vague. All of the issues with Ground that the 9th Circuit cited are almost verbatim from what we've been saying here for the last several years. It's a scam, predicated on the vagueness of the law, and the subjectivity seems to be changing to an objective conclusion that the Ground business model is predatory, exploitative, and unfair.

I'm waiting for UPS to finally get off the stump and join in the fight against the Ground "advantage".

gixxer squid

I live in California. FedEx sent us contractors a email the night before the announcement was made that big changes were about to happen. Most likely because of the lawsuit. It was stated that contracts will only be renewed starting next year if the contractor averages 500 stops or more per day. HD is in our station as well and all the contractors are worried. FedEx stated that additional information will be available to us in October. Everyone is worried what may happen because you can be sure of one thing, IT WILL NOT BE IN FAVOR OF THE CONTRACTOR.

We just signed our latest contract addendum and I truly wanted to vomit. Things have only gotten worse and worse for us contractors. Something honestly has to give….. A walk out or whatever.

FedEx here in Cali is now outsourcing all the driving, back ground checks for new candidates, we are short drivers and have been waiting 2 weeks to get a few guys approved. We were given a 800 number to follow up, I mean seriously, are you :censored2: kidding me. Lady said they are overwhelmed and trying to process as quick as possible.

You wanna talk control? Hows that for control. If we are truly independent than why
can't we use our own service for hiring. Things are just getting way out of hand. HD in our terminal now and we can't get in or out of our parking spots without having to move 2-3 trucks out of the way. Its a cluster :censored2:

Not only that, the days of having package handlers loading the trucks by 7;45 am are done. We are so much busier which is good but not getting let out till 8:30 and sometimes later, yet we are still expected to smile and not bring anything back, AND DRIVE SAFE. Nice huh?

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I live in California. FedEx sent us contractors a email the night before the announcement was made that big changes were about to happen. Most likely because of the lawsuit. It was stated that contracts will only be renewed starting next year if the contractor averages 500 stops or more per day. HD is in our station as well and all the contractors are worried. FedEx stated that additional information will be available to us in October. Everyone is worried what may happen because you can be sure of one thing, IT WILL NOT BE IN FAVOR OF THE CONTRACTOR.

We just signed our latest contract addendum and I truly wanted to vomit. Things have only gotten worse and worse for us contractors. Something honestly has to give….. A walk out or whatever.

FedEx here in Cali is now outsourcing all the driving, back ground checks for new candidates, we are short drivers and have been waiting 2 weeks to get a few guys approved. We were given a 800 number to follow up, I mean seriously, are you :censored2: kidding me. Lady said they are overwhelmed and trying to process as quick as possible.

You wanna talk control? Hows that for control. If we are truly independent than why
can't we use our own service for hiring. Things are just getting way out of hand. HD in our terminal now and we can't get in or out of our parking spots without having to move 2-3 trucks out of the way. Its a cluster :censored2:

Not only that, the days of having package handlers loading the trucks by 7;45 am are done. We are so much busier which is good but not getting let out till 8:30 and sometimes later, yet we are still expected to smile and not bring anything back, AND DRIVE SAFE. Nice huh?

You don't sound very "independent". FedEx hiring processes are especially problematic in that you don't really hire...they do.

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?

Sounds like a typical morning to me.

p.s. i'd LOVE to be on the road by 8:30

bbsam

Staff member

ISP is coming. Time to take a knee. If you are already "to scale" (500 stops or more), make sure you don't overpay for other areas. Smaller entities are really in the crapper.

As far as hiring, much of that is going to clear up significantly in the next couple months...which may pose it's other significant problems.

dvalleyjim

no seriously. I want to get in on this class action. I sold my "business" in 2012 and moved out of the people's republic of Cali.
I never got a letter about a class action. I need to get in on this. They owe me $.

gixxer squid

ISP is coming. Time to take a knee. If you are already "to scale" (500 stops or more), make sure you don't overpay for other areas. Smaller entities are really in the crapper.

As far as hiring, much of that is going to clear up significantly in the next couple months...which may pose it's other significant problems.

We are "to scale." Many others aren't but seems they will be given proper time to make necessary changes.

As far as hiring, Peak is around the corner, takes time to train someone properly for the outbound, the next couple of months are NOT good enough. If Fedex to outsource hiring so they can save a few bucks, sure as heck better make sure they outsource to someone to handle the volume of the millions of applicants waiting in line to drive with excellent pay and with their golden parachute retirement package in tow….. (obviously a joke ;)

gixxer squid

To: All affected authorized officers

From Sean O’Connor: Moving to the Independent Service Provider agreement in select states
Time, information, options and incentives will be provided to assist with transition

In light of legal and regulatory developments in several states – including the recently published U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit decision – we are announcing a transition to the Independent Service Provider Agreement (ISPA) for businesses providing pickup and delivery service (including Home Delivery) that are domiciled in California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada and the Yuma, Ariz., colocation.

{{Text removed. Please don't copy / paste copyrighted text on our public forum.}}

Last edited by a moderator:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
To: All affected authorized officers

From Sean O’Connor: Moving to the Independent Service Provider agreement in select states
Time, information, options and incentives will be provided to assist with transition

In light of legal and regulatory developments in several states – including the recently published U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit decision – we are announcing a transition to the Independent Service Provider Agreement (ISPA) for businesses providing pickup and delivery service (including Home Delivery) that are domiciled in California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada and the Yuma, Ariz., colocation.

{{Text removed. Please don't copy / paste copyrighted text on our public forum.}}