Fedex Ground Are Fedex Employee's. California 9th Circuit Ruling.

M I Indy

As a matter of fact, I am one of the best.

According to Ex? We all know how well they deal with facts, lol. In fact, you're so good, best guy ran to Express. Even you think it don't make no sense, or does it?

And it's you're not your.
Really? Sorry, little lax there. So glad you were able to figure what I meant, so we can stay on topic and not turn this into a spelling bee.

bbsam

Staff member
According to Ex? We all know how well they deal with facts, lol. In fact, you're so good, best guy ran to Express. Even you think it don't make no sense, or does it?

Really? Sorry, little lax there. So glad you were able to figure what I meant, so we can stay on topic and not turn this into a spelling bee.
We'll see.

Fdxdriver

Fedex ground contractors dont care about the drivers we need to.beg for a day off no.bonus or.nothing no breaks . They are always on ur ass.

Fdxdriver

Not mention i got a $100 bonus for christmas .. seriously im salary im at 725 a week that comes.out to about 135 a day ..so ur telling me that 100 out of the whole year all u can give us 100 dollars ...

gixxer squid

Fedex ground contractors dont care about the drivers we need to.beg for a day off no.bonus or.nothing no breaks . They are always on ur ass.

I feel your pain…..However, you have no idea how our asses are ridden by fedex. I know you walk into the back of your truck in the morning and see your truck slammed and think to yourself, "Damn my boss is making money hand over fist off the sweat of my brow." Well Mr. Fdxdriver, think again. If you want to know who is making the real money look at the stock over the last 3 years and sift through the earnings reports. Dig a bit deeper and realize that it is the contractor who is being exploited and unfortunately its a trickle down effect. Next time you see all those boxes basically figure that we are getting paid anywhere in the neighborhood of GROSS .20-.30 cents a box and 2 bucks a stop. Figure in the general liability, the workmen's comp, the diesel, the scanners that are not ours that are rented, many more nickel and dime charges. Payroll, matching FICA which is 7.53%. Haven't even touched the maintenance aspect or if there is a payment on the truck. 2 tires that aren't even new but recaps will run you 350-400 installed and tires don't last worth a crap. Drivers resting foot on clutch and all stop and go will run 1500.00 minimum and might last 2 years if your lucky as hell. A kingpin is 1500-2k. Boy I don't even know where to stop………LOL While the pay may not be the best, its a pretty darn secure job till you get something better. Best part for you is in at 7 and hopefully gone by 6. Grass not always greener on the other side unless your Fedex who makes 100% of the rules!!!!!!!!

Do all this math and figure out what conclusion you will come too? I think you may realize that your boss may not be taking advantage of you like you think? Do you have a manager that can cover your route or your contractor would have to drive when you need a day off? Your contractor must be small or not have the necessary help/manager because he is actually trying to make a living, and I don't even mean a decent living

I know it sucks but this is reality. I feel your pain and I mean that in a genuine way….

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I feel your pain…..However, you have no idea how our asses are ridden by fedex. I know you walk into the back of your truck in the morning and see your truck slammed and think to yourself, "Damn my boss is making money hand over fist off the sweat of my brow." Well Mr. Fdxdriver, think again. If you want to know who is making the real money look at the stock over the last 3 years and sift through the earnings reports. Dig a bit deeper and realize that it is the contractor who is being exploited and unfortunately its a trickle down effect. Next time you see all those boxes basically figure that we are getting paid anywhere in the neighborhood of GROSS .20-.30 cents a box and 2 bucks a stop. Figure in the general liability, the workmen's comp, the diesel, the scanners that are not ours that are rented, many more nickel and dime charges. Payroll, matching FICA which is 7.53%. Haven't even touched the maintenance aspect or if there is a payment on the truck. 2 tires that aren't even new but recaps will run you 350-400 installed and tires don't last worth a crap. Drivers resting foot on clutch and all stop and go will run 1500.00 minimum and might last 2 years if your lucky as hell. A kingpin is 1500-2k. Boy I don't even know where to stop………LOL While the pay may not be the best, its a pretty darn secure job till you get something better. Best part for you is in at 7 and hopefully gone by 6. Grass not always greener on the other side unless your Fedex who makes 100% of the rules!!!!!!!!

Do all this math and figure out what conclusion you will come too? I think you may realize that your boss may not be taking advantage of you like you think? Do you have a manager that can cover your route or your contractor would have to drive when you need a day off? Your contractor must be small or not have the necessary help/manager because he is actually trying to make a living, and I don't even mean a decent living

I know it sucks but this is reality. I feel your pain and I mean that in a genuine way….
I'd be looking to get out of that "deal" ASAP. What a bunch of crap. I'd rather have a business I could truly call my own even if it was just a hot dog stand rather than to ever sign a deal with Fred.

gixxer squid

I'd be looking to get out of that "deal" ASAP. What a bunch of crap. I'd rather have a business I could truly call my own even if it was just a hot dog stand rather than to ever sign a deal with Fred.

LOL, we are not even ISP yet. This is why fedex makes all the money on ground and HD. All risk and expenses are put on contractors back. When we first started diesel was around 2.75 gallon 5 years ago. 3.99 gallon now. Rent was 1700 for halfway decent apt thats not on the east side, same place is 2200 today.

Our per stop went from 1.81 I think 5 years ago to 2.08 I think give or take a cent or two. I am speaking California, take that into consideration, maybe they are paying the same exact thing (fedex) in Houston, TX or some other area that maybe is halfway affordable but NOT my area. No idea what others are paid but the cost of living is going through the roof as pay is stagnant. I would make more at a 20 dollar an hour job with a 1/10th of the headaches I have now. IMHO, say it again, IMHO, its not worth having. Maybe if you had max scaled or 10-15 routes with 3 back ups maybe, don't know, but less than 8, RUN, don't walk…..