FedEx Ground - BBsam are you proud of this?

LTFedExer

Going to the house on either side of the consignee and the one directly across the street.
Ahhhhh, never heard it called that. We COULD do the same, though some drivers don't. But, ONLY with ISR (Indirect Signature Required) packages. Direct and Adult Signature Required (DSR & ASR) MUST go to the house it's addressed to..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ahhhhh, never heard it called that. We COULD do the same, though some drivers don't. But, ONLY with ISR (Indirect Signature Required) packages. Direct and Adult Signature Required (DSR & ASR) MUST go to the house it's addressed to..

We can do with this with 42's (Signature Required) but not with A8's (Adult Signature Required)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've pretty much given up on residential indirects unless a next door neighbor offers to sign. Heard too many people telling me they don't get along with the person next door. Waste of time for the most part.

vantexan

I've pretty much given up on residential indirects unless a next door neighbor offers to sign. Heard too many people telling me they don't get along with the person next door. Waste of time for the most part.
Funny how often we find neighbors who don't get along. Had a lady refuse to sign for her neighbor a month ago, said the next house down the street was recipient's daughter. Turned out the one who refused was the recipient's sister! Been feuding for years.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I DR to trashcans/recycle bins frequently. I only use empty ones. You can wash your hands after retrieving your package, it's not that big a deal....or at least it shouldn't be. If you ask me to stop I will. I always leave notes indicating where I left it; since 99% of notes are of the "sorry we missed you"-type, I doubt a thief would pick this note to read. I also use the "other" key in the DR menu of the diad and type it there, "in trshcn", "in recycling bin", or "bside steps" for example.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Please note again, I only use empty cans. However, i know I as a customer would be/HAVE BEEN precedes because a driver made me take a day off work or go to the terminated to pick up my package rather than hide it in an obvious place like an empty trash can or my back door.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I DR to trashcans/recycle bins frequently. I only use empty ones. You can wash your hands after retrieving your package, it's not that big a deal....or at least it shouldn't be. If you ask me to stop I will. I always leave notes indicating where I left it; since 99% of notes are of the "sorry we missed you"-type, I doubt a thief would pick this note to read. I also use the "other" key in the DR menu of the diad and type it there, "in trshcn", "in recycling bin", or "bside steps" for example.

Other-other will get you a sit down with the center manager in my center. Use the Remarks column to indicate where you left it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Funny how often we find neighbors who don't get along. Had a lady refuse to sign for her neighbor a month ago, said the next house down the street was recipient's daughter. Turned out the one who refused was the recipient's sister! Been feuding for years.

More common than people think.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I've pretty much given up on residential indirects unless a next door neighbor offers to sign.
Ding!
After 5 yrs. of doing this, I don't have any time to waste going to another door to get rid of a pkg. So what if I put it right back on the truck the next day? I'm most likely driving right past that house tomorrow anyway.

HomeDelivery

i agree with 7 on this one as well... just to keep my stops-per-road-hour up

i also release behind a can, not IN it... or if it's an empty recycle bucket, i place it upside down over the box ~ plus i use those weather bags as well as slapping another tag on top of the bucket itself

Schlepper

I can't see myself releasing a package inside of a trashcan unless requested. We have bags, we have stop comments, we have the elements in place to make sure the customer receives their package with little confusion. One guy on the route has a gated driveway, and I always bag his stuff and set it next to the trashcans at the end of his driveway, not in them. No problems yet.

hypo hanna

On my rural route customers often bought a new trash just for package deliveries and would leave them down by their front gate.

Plenty of customers in high rises would set their outbound freight in the freight elevator area right next to that days garbage. Many is the time the cleaning cew tossed it before the driver arrived and you know FedEx got the blame.

Downwardspiral

While I've never used a trashcan to hide a package, it's a damned if you do or don't situation. You bag it and hide behind something, the customer dispute they can't find. You take it back to the station, customers is mad it wasn't a POD. You bag it and fit between doors, customer is on vacation and some paperboy steals it. You find a safe place, customer is mad because he specified another spot 5 years ago to a DHL employee and you didn't put it there. You actually find a neighbor to sign, they turn out unethical or feuding and recipient doesn't get package. There isn't a perfect answer, every situation dictates using judgement. Just protect yourself by documenting anything out of the norm. Use the comment scans and your best judgement.

hypo hanna

Yup. We handle a lot of packages. It's inevitable something isn't going to go the way the customer percieved it would. (Mostly due to unrealistic expectations.)
Give them credit for the shipping charges, close the trace and move on. So they get tic'd off and jump to UPS, big deal. A couple of months down the road they will get pissed at them for something real or imagined and jump back to Fedex.
It's just the way things are. Sure the sales reps and managers will by crying but I see that as a bonus. :funny: As long as you CYA, it shouldn't mean a thing to you.

As for me, I will take Fred's "golden package" schtick seriously, when he takes seriously my "benefits package."