FedEx Ground bottom feeders

Marne Vet

Watched a UPS runner jump out of the passenger seat before the truck had stopped. They also had packages in the cab.

It's all anecdotal Marne. Get off your high horse.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I'm not on a "high horse". Just pointing out how his claim is so ludicrous and convenient in this thread, that it's hard to believe. Telematics doesn't cover the jump seat and helpers, so what you witnessed actually happens a lot during peak. What he claimed he saw doesn't. You can step down from your Soap Box now.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My original point is this; there is an unwritten code in this business. Wait your turn unless someone willingly gives way. I don't care if it's the bread delivery person or the beer guy. What happened to me I liken to someone cutting in line at the check out counter. I don't blame this guy's company, I blame his parents!

Bingo. Professional drivers practice dock etiquette and loading zone professionalism. I cannot count the number of times I'm waiting for a dock, and the Ground clown cuts the line (oblivious that there even is one), and takes the next open dock. Luckily, he leaves his truck running. Then he gets pissed when my truck is sitting there instead and wants to pick a fight. I tell him that he needs to learn the "rules",get the eff back in line, and wait his turn...just like everyone else. IGNORANCE is NO EXCUSE!

BrownTexas

Maybe her starter went so she had to leave the truck running and she was on the phone to the shop. Unlikely but possible.
I have actually been told to do this before. Also have been told to drive with the bulk head door open since I couldn't get it closed. And to top it all off I was told to keep driving after an engine belt broke, but don't stop suddenly because I was on the reserve braking system and might not stop as fast as I needed to.

P

prodriver

I'm not on a "high horse". Just pointing out how his claim is so ludicrous and convenient in this thread, that it's hard to believe. Telematics doesn't cover the jump seat and helpers, so what you witnessed actually happens a lot during peak. What he claimed he saw doesn't. You can step down from your Soap Box now.

Read above post, stuff happens out on a route I don't know all the variables but I do know what I saw, have a couple of buddies that work out of that station so I'll probably find out if she still has
a job or sup or what.

HomeDelivery

there will always be a few bad eggs in any company

you can note the van # and just dial the 800 # if you feel she's unsafe <shrugs>

or better yet, get a video of it because video doesn't lie :deletesmiley2:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Mail people are the rude ones in my area.
Seriously. God forbid your truck is in front of a mailbox for 30 seconds. I had one old timer who must have just been straight up crazy and once screamed out his window at the top of his lungs every swear I know. Another guy I saw smashed into 2 big trash can/dumpster things in front of a house sending them flying about 8 feet. A neighbor saw me standing there jaw on the ground and volunteered "he does that every trash day if a trash or recycling can are near a mailbox."