FedEx Ground driver steals dogs

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My next door neighbor has several weenie dogs and they got out one day. I walked outside to see a guy walking down the street carrying one under each arm and around the corner he went. Neighbor was home. I told him and he took off running, came back with his dogs. The guy worked for the light company and said he was "taking them back to where he thought they lived" A thief is a thief, no matter what they steal.

They were dropped off at a vets office. He obviously was just trying to get them off the street so they didn't get hurt. I think it's ridiculous that the news made it out to be anything else.

kickpackage1

FedEx is a new game show it is called Fedex Fact or Fiction , first fact or fiction question will this guy get fined for bringing the 2 puppies back late ?

MAKAVELI

They were dropped off at a vets office. He obviously was just trying to get them off the street so they didn't get hurt. I think it's ridiculous that the news made it out to be anything else.
Actually the article stated the dogs were found wandering around more than 20 miles from their home.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
This happened not too far from my house, and the local news has had it on for several days in a row. The guy had 6 cameras around his house. The driver in question had to work hard to keep these 2 dogs corralled. He put 1 in his van, went back to get the other one, and the first one jumped out. The latest today was FEDEX stated that the driver was suspended pending an investigation. Someone did find the dogs wandering the roads together, and it was only a short distance from the FEDEX building.

MassWineGuy

From the video it seems quite feasible that the driver thought the dogs were lost or strays and didn't want to leave them out in the elements. Why drop them off at a vet otherwise?

If he was stealing them, there is a special place in hell for those who mistreat (or steal) animals.

oldngray

nowhere special
The story just doesn't make sense in some ways. If he spent that much time at the owner's house grabbing the dogs that is very bad but if he saw them loose and took them to the vet its completely different. It does sound like he was a scumbag trying to steal the dogs though. Why would the owner have 6 cameras recording the outside of his house? A bit overkill maybe?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The story just doesn't make sense in some ways. If he spent that much time at the owner's house grabbing the dogs that is very bad but if he saw them loose and took them to the vet its completely different. It does sound like he was a scumbag trying to steal the dogs though. Why would the owner have 6 cameras recording the outside of his house? A bit overkill maybe?
The dogs were initially at the owners front door when the driver first arrived. The driver wasn't the same one who brought the dogs to the vet. It was a random person who came across them. The vet had seen the video on TV. It hit the news the same day it happened. The part of town where the owner lived has had a rash of home invasion robberies. Cameras are more and more common as the price of them drops.