FedEx Ground Moving Via Express?

Winger

An FDR is a manifest showing exactly what is onboard the aircraft and it's destination. Sorry, but that IS concrete proof. Like I said, if you actually worked for FedEx you'd have a clue. Ground is moving via Express...that's it. Tell your manager that the cat is out of the bag.

It's amazing to see the things people can make up but not think through. Why would Express put a Ground package on their planes? There is not a Ground hub in Memphis and they don't sort Ground packages at the Memphis hub (or is it a conspiracy that 6,000 hub workers aren't talking about!?) So, what would they do with the Ground packages? Think through your stories a little. The only "ground" freight being carried on a FedEx jet is the USPS freight, which is sorted in Memphis on the day-turn. Did you not think how easy it would be to disprove your "story"? But please, provide us with a Ground tracking number that shows it's movement through Memphis and not a Ground hub!

A Ground driver picking up an Express package and taking it back to his station for an Express driver to pick up later is no different than an Express driver finding a UPS package in his dropbox and taking back to the station for a UPS driver to pickup. Happens every day so SOMEBODY BETTER ALERT THE AUTHORITIES!!

But what I can't figure out is, if you folks are so bitter about your jobs, how stupid must you be to still be doing it?! If you're as smart as you seem to think you are, you should have no problem finding something better. :wink2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's amazing to see the things people can make up but not think through. Why would Express put a Ground package on their planes? There is not a Ground hub in Memphis and they don't sort Ground packages at the Memphis hub (or is it a conspiracy that 6,000 hub workers aren't talking about!?) So, what would they do with the Ground packages? Think through your stories a little. The only "ground" freight being carried on a FedEx jet is the USPS freight, which is sorted in Memphis on the day-turn. Did you not think how easy it would be to disprove your "story"? But please, provide us with a Ground tracking number that shows it's movement through Memphis and not a Ground hub!

A Ground driver picking up an Express package and taking it back to his station for an Express driver to pick up later is no different than an Express driver finding a UPS package in his

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

A Ground driver picking up an Express package and taking it back to his station for an Express driver to pick up later is no different than an Express driver finding a UPS package in his dropbox and taking back to the station for a UPS driver to pickup. Happens every day so SOMEBODY BETTER ALERT THE AUTHORITIES!!

But what I can't figure out is, if you folks are so bitter about your jobs, how stupid must you be to still be doing it?! If you're as smart as you seem to think you are, you should have no problem finding something better. :wink2:

Ground is moving on FedEx aircraft every day. All it takes is for a Ground truck or contractor to bring it to the ramp, containerize it, and send it on the plane. Why do you think there are a bunch of roller-bed equipped Ground trailers out there that can only handle air containers? Oh yes, and what about the Ground stations that are now set-up with lifts and ballmats so they can containerize it and haul it themselves in the above-mentioned air-only Ground trailers?

Here's a couple of reasons why Ground moves on our planes. First, the planes aren't full, so why not top them off with Ground. Second, remote areas (like Alaska) get their Ground by FedEx aircraft all the time. Please disprove any of this. A Ground tracking number won't show that it's moved via Express aircraft because FedEx doesn't want anyone knowing that they do it..all the time. As I explained, it does show-up on the aircraft FDR as Ground. Do you even know what I'm talking about? I doubt it.

The reason this is is a big deal is that FedEx Ground and Air operations are supposed to be separate. Fred and his shills claim that Ground and Air are not integrated operations...a big, fat lie that they use to make the public and politicians think that we're completely different than UPS in terms of our operating practices. More lies and distortions that the unknowing like yourself drink-in like purple and orange Kool-Aid.

You've been shot down...in flames.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

They opened up part of a HUB near me, (won't mention where but the more astute will figure it out) to Ground trucking, basically gave them run of an Express facility because it wasn't running at capacity. And yes it's still a HUB to all of us, even if it went AGFS...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They opened up part of a HUB near me, (won't mention where but the more astute will figure it out) to Ground trucking, basically gave them run of an Express facility because it wasn't running at capacity. And yes it's still a HUB to all of us, even if it went AGFS...

Don't reveal your location, but AGFS is still Express, not Ground. Are you saying that Ground drivers have taken over the functions of Express RTD's?

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Let me clear that up. They are using the Express FACILITY to process their freight...although, the hostlers in the yard are allowed to help them out with trailer movements, our RTD's are safe from that...for now. Their equipment and drivers, our building and conveyor system.

And no, I'm not lumping 2 COMPLETELY SEPARATE entities...our shirts have the orange "ex", theirs are green....lol

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
What amazes me is that to curtail Ground business away from UPS Fed-Ex needs to have an campaign of mis-information. An acount that switched to Fed-Ex has been told by Fed-Ex to get around the fact that thier ground pickup happens at 9AM in the morning is to take all thier ground packages and drop them in the Express box. Is that not against the law, according to Fed-Ex, Express and Ground are two intirely different companies. That would be as if they put them in the UPS box and expected us to transfer them. Is this not a clear example of Ground moving via Express. Trust me then theres the fact that damn near evry Ground driver Ive ever come across some how seems to have a UPS hand-cart. ***. Express drivers beware if this ground model doesnt get canned your position too will be contracted out.

FedEX 4 Life

What amazes me is that to curtail Ground business away from UPS Fed-Ex needs to have an campaign of mis-information. An acount that switched to Fed-Ex has been told by Fed-Ex to get around the fact that thier ground pickup happens at 9AM in the morning is to take all thier ground packages and drop them in the Express box. Is that not against the law, according to Fed-Ex, Express and Ground are two intirely different companies. That would be as if they put them in the UPS box and expected us to transfer them. Is this not a clear example of Ground moving via Express. Trust me then theres the fact that damn near evry Ground driver Ive ever come across some how seems to have a UPS hand-cart. ***. Express drivers beware if this ground model doesnt get canned your position too will be contracted out.
I doubt that.There are stickers on most drop boxes that clearly say no Ground Shipments in this Box.

Washu234

I doubt that.There are stickers on most drop boxes that clearly say no Ground Shipments in this Box.

I'm not so sure about the 'clearly' part. Its a little strip of green in a vast of Orange that says "FedEx Ground Shipments are not accepted at this location".
THe marking is poor at best not to mention that customers seem to ignore all writing on the drop box. Just last week dispatch 'reminded' us to check the supply section as customers often get confused and leave their letters on top of the supplies.

Sigh. FedEx Ground will be the end of the FedEx brand.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Customers know that if they dump their Ground in the Express drop box that we'll take care of it. It's not like we're going to take it back to them or refuse it.

The larger issue is Express handling Ground at all. As FedEx always says, "Ground and Air are separate entities" and the Express system is an "airline". They don't want anyone knowing how much the 2 systems are already integrated. Why do you think the Ground trailers that used to be parked on Express ramps have been moved? Fred also doesn't want anyone knowing that Ground moves via Express frequently because it weakens his case and makes some of the Brownbailout.com claims look like the lies they are.

FedEX 4 Life

I doubt that Fedex would tell their customers to drop the ground shipments in the drop box is what im saying.
I have not done a shuttle run in a while but i use to always see a Ground trailer parked at the airport and always wondered why it was there.I asked managment and they had no clue either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah...so...

Our UPS dropboxes are clearly labeled yet I find USPS or FedEx pkgs in them at least once or twice a week. Our dropboxes also say that no pkg with a value exceeding $500 should be left but I get ASDs with pkg values higher than that all the time. Our dropboxes also say that pkgs should not be left outside the box but... you get the picture.

I do doubt that an account exec is telling P/U customers to put ground pkgs in express dropboxes. Of course,a P/U time of 9am is telling the customer we don't care about your business and would be a prime target for a UPS sales lead. Where is this business located?:wink2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We find everyone else's pkgs too and when they get returned to the customer they are actually usually outraged because their parcel didn't get delivered. I took an Express Mail envelope back to a customer a few years ago and she proceeded to berate me for about 5 minutes about "how crucial this item was", "what a crappy company FedEx was" and on and on. When I calmly explained to her that FedEx and the USPS were separate entities she didn't believe me. At that point there was nothing to do but leave. I didn't dare tell her that we actually do handle Express Mail airport to airport because that would have been far too complicated for her brain to comprehend.