FedEx Ground

fatboy33

Think they'll last more than a few weeks?
On the west coast, most of the ground drivers only speak Spanish. At least they only feel comfortable speaking Spanish. I stopped even trying to communicate with most of the guys. "Hey whats up? Are you guys busy?". "Yes Busy". When someone speaks to them in Spanish they go from "Busy" to, "Esf fseofje fejfeofjio AAE[FIOJA[O que er IGFAIJF[OSEIFJIOejfisjfijesfijefijeofijeoifjeifjeiofjdskfgfvnbnnfrdjcdjfdnajsfnjfnn......................" There will always be a pool of workers for ground to choose from.

Purplepackage

They could be in an area whose jobs are few and far between. Some people still believe they hype about Fedex. I see it with every new hire at Express, until the luster wears off.

It depends on the person, we hired 2 guys about a year ago and one of them is looking for another job and the other one is thriving here.

And by thriving I mean he's 22 was made the full time wheel making probably 19 bucks an hour and just lets the bull:censored2: slide off him. I feel bad for him he's to young to fall into this place

MAKAVELI

It depends on the person, we hired 2 guys about a year ago and one of them is looking for another job and the other one is thriving here.

And by thriving I mean he's 22 was made the full time wheel making probably 19 bucks an hour and just lets the bull:censored2: slide off him. I feel bad for him he's to young to fall into this place
I would just remind him, he's probably making about a buck less than a 10 year employee. That's his future here.

Purplepackage

I would just remind him, he's probably making about a buck less than a 10 year employee. That's his future here.

Have you tried to talk sense into a 22 year old? Remember when you were 22?

Kid works every saturday they let him and any ot he can get so I'm sure he's in the hypnotizing state of the money right now

Probably why he has that 2016 sti in the parking lot

MAKAVELI

Have you tried to talk sense into a 22 year old? Remember when you were 22?

Kid works every saturday they let him and any ot he can get so I'm sure he's in the hypnotizing state of the money right now

Probably why he has that 2016 sti in the parking lot
Yea you're right. At 22 I definitely wasn't looking that much into the future either.

It will be fine

On the west coast, most of the ground drivers only speak Spanish. At least they only feel comfortable speaking Spanish. I stopped even trying to communicate with most of the guys. "Hey whats up? Are you guys busy?". "Yes Busy". When someone speaks to them in Spanish they go from "Busy" to, "Esf fseofje fejfeofjio AAE[FIOJA[O que er IGFAIJF[OSEIFJIOejfisjfijesfijefijeofijeoifjeifjeiofjdskfgfvnbnnfrdjcdjfdnajsfnjfnn......................" There will always be a pool of workers for ground to choose from.
You should learn Spanish and stop being casually racist.

bbsam

Staff member
If you are in a country where the vast majority speak English, seems that you should want to learn English. You wouldn't go to China and expect them to learn English, would you?
But that would be me learning the language for my own reasons not others telling me I must. There are people in communities in this country who can go from birth to death not speaking English. What's wrong with that?

More importantly, considering how prevalent Spanish is in the US, I would start teaching Spanish and English to all kids from K thru 12.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
But that would be me learning the language for my own reasons not others telling me I must. There are people in communities in this country who can go from birth to death not speaking English. What's wrong with that?

More importantly, considering how prevalent Spanish is in the US, I would start teaching Spanish and English to all kids from K thru 12.

I don't have a problem with them never learning English. What I have a problem with is people expecting US to learn whatever their language might be.

I insisted that both my kids take Spanish in school. My oldest is a middle school Spanish teacher right now. My youngest is in her fourth year of Spanish. I told them they needed it because being bi-lingual will pay more.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't have a problem with them never learning English. What I have a problem with is people expecting US to learn whatever their language might be.

I insisted that both my kids take Spanish in school. My oldest is a middle school Spanish teacher right now. My youngest is in her fourth year of Spanish. I told them they needed it because being bi-lingual will pay more.
Nobody is forcing the rest of America to learn other languages...or English, sadly.

bbsam

Staff member
For all our sakes. It is more beneficial to have a common language in a country.
So when you're around Spanish speaking people and they go from speaking English to speaking Spanish in your presence you don't feel like a foreigner in your own land? That would be a natural feeling but the fact remains: no official language.

And would I value a bi-lingual driver from Latin-America over Jim Bob from Peoria Illinois? If all else was equal, abso-freakin'-lutely.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So when you're around Spanish speaking people and they go from speaking English to speaking Spanish in your presence you don't feel like a foreigner in your own land? That would be a natural feeling but the fact remains: no official language.

And would I value a bi-lingual driver from Latin-America over Jim Bob from Peoria Illinois? If all else was equal, abso-freakin'-lutely.

It drives me friggin crazy when I'm in our checkin room and no one in the room is speaking English. To me it's rude. It's along the lines of whispering. I was taught that whispering in front of people is rude.